Help 1940 music/arrangements

IJK

Hi all

can you help me I am looking for some good crowd pleasers written in the 1940'S or a arrangement of an 1940's piece

look forward to response

nickjones

there is a Darrol Barry Arrangement " Keep Smiling through " white cliffs of Dover etc....it's a top arrangement ( Published by Studio I think )
Dambusters....633 Squadron...Battle of Britain March ( Aces High )..
On the Town ( Bernstien arr Ray Farr ) set in the 1940's

PeterBale

Staff member
"Somewhere over the rainbow" or "A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square". Any of the Glenn Miller pieces - preferably a straight transcription rather than a disjointed compilation though.

Di

Just being nosey .....

Is this a special request to play music for that era or have you fallen into the trap of "we're playing for the over 50's, we need some old music for the old dears...!"? :roll:

tubafran

40's Music

What about Whale Meet Again (sorry We'll Meet Again) Jack Peberdy arrangement of 80's TV Series

ploughboy

There's a piece called "Fabulous 40's" it ain't band just simple medley of classic tune's of the era.

Valvecap

Hi - What about

- American Patrol
- Glenn Miller Selection (as previously said, your pretty safe with anything with Glenn Miller in the title
- Pensylvania 6-5000 (cant remember the arranger off the top of me head...)

Could you get away with stuff like Dam Busters, 633 Squadron?

D

alanl58

What about:

Sing With The Band No. 1
Sing With The Band No. 2
Sing Along With The Band No. 1
Sing Along With The Band No. 2

Then there is the march "1918" (Long Way toTiperrary, Who's Your Lady Frend etc).......

Alan Lafferty
Baritone
Bude Metric Brass
St Gennys Silver Band

Flugel solo...I've got you under my skin. How about Harry James' trumpet blues and cantabile? :lol: :lol: I know why.....The folks who live on the hill.......all items arranged for brass band.
The Battle of Britain march.....April in Paris and Laura arranged by Mark Freeh. Georgia as played by Maurice Murphy with Leyland. All flugel/cornet solos. The march Kohima...dedicated to those who fought in Burma 1939-45. Some of the above may originate in the 30's but nobody will complain I'm sure :lol:

Mrs Fruity

Our love is here to stay - flugel solo
Any of the Rodgers and Hammerstein stuff, although I think that's early 50's