have you ever...

wife divine

Supporting Member
Oh I love marshmallows ! If cotton wool tastes like marshmallows I might give it a go because it's probably less fattening and contributes to your body becoming more lycra friendly !

Have you ever sung a rainbow ?

Mesmerist

I've painted one on a daughter's bedroom wall complete with landscapes. castles, flowers and characters from her favourite books.

Have you ever decided to make marrow rum?

Bryan_sop

Yes, 2 years in a row, last year's is still in the airing cupboard!

Have you ever woken up thinking it's the weekend then realised you should be getting ready for work?

wife divine

Supporting Member
No but I've woken up a couple of hours after going to bed and got ready for work because I thought it was morning.

Have you ever received a really wacky Christmas pressie ?

Mesmerist

Yes a giant fluffy babygrow when I was at college and my Mum worried about me being cold.

Have you ever bought a kettle bell in order to become fit and lean and then found it made a very useful doorstop?

wife divine

Supporting Member
Ah, you did that as well ! Glad it wasn't just me.

Have you ever had a craving for something that they don't make any more like potato puffs, pink spearmint bars, black jelly babies that are aniseed flavoured, Sutherland's sizzles and you realise you're getting old or senile cos nobody else remembers them ?

Mesmerist

I remember when Snickers bars were Marathons and I'm sure they seemed bigger then?

Have you ever had the best of intentions creating an inspired birthday cake at the last minute only to find it flopped so you have to make a 1 am trip to an all night supermarket to purchase an emergency one? :(

wife divine

Supporting Member
I have done something similar! I've bought all the ingredients and decorations then the motivation went out of the window. I didn't go out at 1 am to buy a substitute cake though

Have you ever wanted to live in a windmill ?

Mesmerist

I'd rather have Bilbo Baggin's home. Complete with resident Wizard to light the fires.

Have you ever told a telesales person you have just come out of prison and are living in a squat but yes you'd really like some of those nice windows they are selling?

wife divine

Supporting Member
No but I did suggest to a heavy breather that he get his GP to give him an inhaler for his problem.

Have you ever got hooked on a Welsh soap opera then realised you would have to learn the language cos your eyesight is so bad you can no longer read the subtitles ?

mojo

No lol but my eye sight is bad
Have you ever decided to go somewhere and ended up in a place you had no intention of going to !!

wife divine

Supporting Member
I have and enjoyed myself immensely. Was supposed to be on a study day ( in my own time ). Got to Manchester and my next train was cancelled. Caught a different one and had a great day at Oldham market instead.

Have you ever wondered why you have a pear tree in your garden when you hate pears ?

Mesmerist

I like pears when they are ripe but that is so hit and miss...one minute they are as hard as rounder balls and the next time you look they are as squishy as my daughter's unwashed netball socks which have been discovered at the bottom of her PE bag at the end of term...

Have you ever been presented with Latin homework (for the daughter to take in TOMORROW MUM) and discovered a hidden talent for this subject? (No? Me neither...)

Mesmerist

Have you ever seen the thread about the man who died from playing the bagpipes and tried desperately hard not to snigger or post an inappropriate comment? No? That's because you are so much nicer than I am.

wife divine

Supporting Member
Ah, Latin. I managed a year of it at school because it was compulsory. I know the requiem mass in Latin but that's my limit.

Have you ever performed the requiem mass to the sound of bagpipes ?

Jack E

Have you ever received a really wacky Christmas pressie ?

No, but a friend of mine was sent down to the garage by her husband one Christmas Day, and found he'd not only bought her a Harley Davidson iron head Sportster, but he'd even gift-wrapped it, too!
:D

mojo

That's fab Jack E
Have you ever thought you have won the lottery and then you realise you have not done it and all your numbers come up I had silent meals in our house for weeks