Harrogate International Centre

Will the Sec

Can anyone familiar with experience of the venue tell me (and thus all the other bands competing in the National Finals) what the acoustic is like at the Harrogate International Centre?

Straightmute

Will the Sec said:
Can anyone familiar with experience of the venue tell me (and thus all the other bands competing in the National Finals) what the acoustic is like at the Harrogate International Centre?
Dead. Generally sounds fine from the audience and the adjudicators will hear everything. But from onstage you'll be playing solos and there's little if any reverb. Don't rely on the hall to enhance your sound!

D

Will the Sec

Thanks, David - just as well I asked.

PAUL!!!!!!!!! Cancel the Albert Hall. We need a dead acoustic to rehearse in...

Andy_Euph

Straightmute said:
Will the Sec said:
Dead. Generally sounds fine from the audience and the adjudicators will hear everything. But from onstage you'll be playing solos and there's little if any reverb. Don't rely on the hall to enhance your sound!

D
Pff, no need for that with us :wink: :twisted: :D

cornetgirl

Just mind the aircon - it's either arctic or boiling in there! Very dead acoustic though - try not to be too fazed by the "solo" effect. In some ways it's very like St George's Hall in Bradford for that so the Yorkshire bands should cope well!

Rach x

cornetgirl said:
Just mind the aircon - it's either arctic or boiling in there! Very dead acoustic though - try not to be too fazed by the "solo" effect. In some ways it's very like St George's Hall in Bradford for that so the Yorkshire bands should cope well!

Rach x
Typical, yet another instance of pro Yorks bias in the nationals :wink:

Borfeo

Sounds like it's going to be a testy place to play in, I'm starting to really look forward to the weekend now, three weeks.....eek! :shock:

geordiecolin

cornetgirl said:
Heheheheh!! :D

BottyBurp

Borfeo said:
Sounds like it's going to be a testy place to play in, I'm starting to really look forward to the weekend now, three weeks.....eek! :shock:
Suppose I'd better start rehearsing my band now then...