Grading Tables

Salli

What do you need to know?

You add three years results together. Bands that did not compete are awarded last place points, bands that have been relegated/promoted get average points.

Does this help?

HBB

Alternatively, the L&SC displays it on their website. Perhaps your region might do the same.

Salli said:
You add three years results together. Bands that did not compete are awarded last place points, bands that have been relegated/promoted get average points.

I think you will find that bands which did not compete get last place points plus one.

Average points are the number of bands which competed in a particular year divided by two.

Janet

bassinthebathroom

Janet Watkins said:
Salli said:

I think you will find that bands which did not compete get last place points plus one.

Average points are the number of bands which competed in a particular year divided by two.

Janet

Average points are slightly more confusing than this, as I found out in the week. It's actually the Mean average as opposed to dividing the number of bands by 2.
e.g. Ten bands compete: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10 = 55
55 divided by 10 bands = 5.5
(wheras 10 divided by 2 is 5)
In effect it is a 'middle' placing (if there were 11 bands, say, then halfway would be 6th place). Funny I know...

Also NoE area league tables are on the net
North of England Brass Band Championships

bassinthebathroom said:
Average points are slightly more confusing than this, as I found out in the week. It's actually the Mean average as opposed to dividing the number of bands by 2.
e.g. Ten bands compete: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10 = 55
55 divided by 10 bands = 5.5
(wheras 10 divided by 2 is 5)
In effect it is a 'middle' placing (if there were 11 bands, say, then halfway would be 6th place). Funny I know...

You are quite right! I was thinking on my feet when I posted, and didn't check the facts!

Janet

Roger Thorne

I was surprised to see that the North West Area Committee actually print the league tables in the programme. Let's hope the other areas will follow next year.

:wink:

Straightmute

Roger Thorne said:
I was surprised to see that the North West Area Committee actually print the league tables in the programme. Let's hope the other areas will follow next year.

:wink:

So do Yorkshire and the North of England.

D

mabel

Grading Table

Thanks for all the useful help I suppose I am just impatient and cant wait for the association to send them.

It was the second section Midlands that I was interested in

Thanks Everyone

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
Well Snibston missed out on promotion by a single point on Saturday, thats the way these things go sometimes....

Borfeo

You should've seen the Scottish programme, it had absolutely everything you ever wanted to know in it.
Including a matrix of every band in Scotland's results in the past 20 or so years (Including the defunct ones, poor old Kepston Q-Fab, we had a great band)

I was gutted I lost mine in the bar :cry:

Borfeo

I know, it's pretty impressive stuff.

Well done at the weekend by the way, I would say that's a good bit of consolidating you did there :D

Re: Grading Table

mabel said:
Thanks for all the useful help I suppose I am just impatient and cant wait for the association to send them.

It was the second section Midlands that I was interested in

You're not the only one...!

/bated breath

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.