Golf - The British Open (ignore if you're not a fan)

Dave Payn

Active Member
Already hotting up to be a classic! Gary Evans sunk an albatross at the par five fourth and Ernie Els holed in one at the eighth!

Who do you reckon will win it? My money's on Els or Retief Goosen but never rule out the Tiger!
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
Dave Payn said:
Already hotting up to be a classic! Gary Evans sunk an albatross at the par five fourth and Ernie Els holed in one at the eighth!

Who do you reckon will win it? My money's on Els or Retief Goosen but never rule out the Tiger!
By my reckoning that means impending disaster, with water, water everywhere, nor yet a drop to drink :shock: :wink: :oops:
 

yr_epa

Member
Its a tough one to call this year. Casey looked good for a while (worth an each way bet!), KJ Choi (another that looks good), Levet (surely he can't win again this week!) and Els (what can you say!).

If I was putting any money,

Els to win
Casey E/W
KJ Choi to win - outsider
Levet E/W

We'll see come sunday evening. Personally it would be nice to see Monty winning!
 

nickjones

Active Member
yr_epa said:
Its a tough one to call this year. Casey looked good for a while (worth an each way bet!), KJ Choi (another that looks good), Levet (surely he can't win again this week!) and Els (what can you say!).

If I was putting any money,

Els to win
Casey E/W
KJ Choi to win - outsider
Levet E/W


We'll see come sunday evening. Personally it would be nice to see Monty winning![/quote]

Come on mate...can you see Mrs Doubtfire winning??? I know it's his home course , but I dont think he is mentally right to win..
Big Ernie Els I think
ps you got a book open Anwyl? want £20 each way on faldo to miss the cut.. :roll:
 

Cantonian

Active Member
Tiger Woods has got to come good again sometime so perhaps it will be this weekend.

On a pedantic note....The title is 'The Open' (rather than the British Open) according to the R&A because the first Open held in the UK was so successful that it was copied by other nations.
 

yr_epa

Member
But the way Monty played in the Ryder Cup at the Belfry.....i think he deserves something for that.

Casey played well to get a 66! That E/W bet looks quite good!!
 

bruceg

Active Member
nickjbeaumarisband said:
I know it's his home course , but I dont think he is mentally right to win..
Isn't Wentworth his home course?

Pedantry aside, I think you're right when you say that Monty isn't mentally ready to win it. I don't think he ever will though I'd love to see it happen - he might actually smile :D

As for Faldo missing the cut - I hope so!!! :D
 

nickjones

Active Member
You could be right about the home course thing...saw an interview with Mrs Doubtfire the other day...looking quite smug when asked if he could win at his home course...he looked a bit mental tho... :shock: keep monty away from the heavy clubs...he looks unstable..
come on Ernie...
 

lynchie

Active Member
bruceg said:
nickjbeaumarisband said:
I know it's his home course , but I dont think he is mentally right to win..
Isn't Wentworth his home course?
Troon was the course he grew up playing on... must have been pretty daunting for a ten year old!! :shock:
 

iggmeister

Member
I have a feeling that Vijay Singh may do it this year.

Came to Troon late. Only one practice round.

Casual or quietly confident?

Mut put a fiver on him tomorrow.

Igg
 
Top