Girl Talk - The SEXIEST ballad ever

James McFadyen

For those Jazz fans, or more specifically, Neal Hefti fans, I am planning to arrange 'Girl Talk' for Brass Band.

This Neal Hefti classic is one of the most sexiest tunes available, performed by numerous artits throughout the years, namely Maynard Fergusson, Tony Bennet, Julie London and Holly Cole.

I just wondered if anyone's heard this tune and would be interesting in playing it in your Brass Band.

Originally I was going to write it as a Flugel solo or a Vocal solo. If you are interested in that, then please say so :lol:

Rambo Chick

girl talk as a flugel solo

yes a a flugel player we re always on the lookout for new solos and although i dont know it, you make it sound like itd be a good solo so id say itd be interesting

timold

Girl Talk

Hello James,

2002 I played it with Carlton Main at the Brass In Concert (Spennymoor).......well I say i played it was played by Jimmy Hayes(now top man with CWS (Glasgow) and the band...Great tune and he played so well, (just his style).

I think the cornet section had another name for it.....FAN-- Chater!!! - sorry an inhouse joke!!! :wink:

Regards - Tim Oldroyd

deave

Re: Girl Talk

timold said:
Hello James,

2002 I played it with Carlton Main at the Brass In Concert (Spennymoor).......well I say i played it was played by Jimmy Hayes(now top man with CWS (Glasgow) and the band...Great tune and he played so well, (just his style).

I think the cornet section had another name for it.....FAN-- Chater!!! - sorry an inhouse joke!!! :wink:

Regards - Tim Oldroyd

Could I add mr oldroyd that it was actually spennymoor 2001. The arrangement was done by a trombone player called Austin and it was fabulous!! I still have it on CD from Bob McDowell

Chamon