George Foreman Grills

Andy_Euph

How class are these, the ultimate lazy man's way of cooking, just put your meat or whatever on, leave it for 10 mins go back and its ready :p

dyl

'George Foreman Grills' - what an excellent name for a talk show! Get GF to interview politicians and some of these plastic pop stars - a sure-fire ratings winner!

Sorry to steal your topic Andy, ummmmmm, yes the grills are good! :oops:

Dave Payn

The other idea for a TV show is 'George Foreman Grills' whereby the lardy ex-boxer is stuck on a skewer and rotated in front of an open fire.

Come on you TV execs. This one's a sure fire winner

;-)

geordiecolin

The essential student kitchen appliance. I couldn't live without my "george", you can cook almost anything in it, although i have yet to succesfully manage a Fried Egg!! The combined higher heat and extra weight means a higher quality cheese toastie can be created than with a conventional toastie maker.

And the best bit? Thanks to Co-Op staff vouchers, mine cost me the princely sum of £3.50.

Bargain.

missflugel

George is a revolution. I would be lost without mine. In our house we have 2 for ease of cooking and multiple meals.
George saved me from many a rough hangover during my 2nd year allowing for the cooking of sausage and bacon all at once to create the greatest sandwich.

Jo x

Wasn't George Foreman the man who played the banjo? I thought he was just an entertainer, did he create the grille or was it just named after him?!

Dave Payn

Tone deaf and mute said:
Wasn't George Foreman the man who played the banjo? I thought he was just an entertainer, did he create the grille or was it just named after him?!
He was a boxer (was a world champion heavyweight in 1973-74 and again in the late 80s I think!). Most famous fight (I think!) was the 'rumble in the jungle' with Muhammad Ali in 1974 which Ali won.

I guess it was named after him, like the discussion on another thread regarding the Stylophone and Rolf Harris!

PeterBale

Staff member
Tone deaf and mute said:
Didn't he write "When I'm grilling burgers", and "Grilling by a lamp-post at the corner of the street"?

Dave Payn

PeterBale said:
Tone deaf and mute said:
Didn't he write "When I'm grilling burgers", and "Grilling by a lamp-post at the corner of the street"?
As well as 'The Grill From Ipanema'.....

PeterBale

Staff member
It certainly adds a different dimension to the genuine George Formby song "I like bananas - because they have no bones" :wink:

Dave Payn

PeterBale said:
It certainly adds a different dimension to the genuine George Formby song "I like bananas - because they have no bones" :wink:
Yeah, can you imagine George Formby advertising the grill?

'Burned out nice again!' ;-)

Hail the George hardly a day goes by when I don't use mine

is anyone's else's non-stick black stuff coming off their's though :?:

PeterBale

Staff member
Miss Presley said:
Hail the George hardly a day goes by when I don't use mine

is anyone's else's non-stick black stuff coming off their's though :?:
I thought it was " Boys from the black stuff" :shock: :wink: :lol:

johnmartin

It's great for heating up the maggots for the fishing, just after you've taken them out of the fridge. The wife just loves me. :D

lynchie

Personally I like the fat and grease... burger vans are my friends... however, maybe one day I'll try one of these crazy things... one day when I have money to burn, clearly...