George Bush (I hope this is ok!!)

manx_yessir

George Bush meets The Queen and decides to run an idea past her:

"Your Majesty, as I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how my country
is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom".

To which the Queen replies, "I'm sorry Mr Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you
have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Bush thought a while and then said: "How about a Principality
then?", to which the Queen replied "Again, to be a Principality you have to
be a Prince - and you're not a Prince, Mr Bush".

Bush thought long and hard and came up with "How about an Empire then?" The
Queen, getting a little t'eed off by now replied " Sorry again, Mr Bush, but
to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in charge - and you are not an
Emperor."

Before George Bush could utter another word, The Queen said: "I think you're
doing quite nicely as a Country".
:wink: :lol: :twisted:

iancwilx

Frankly, I feel thats childish. adolescent,and has the words "Naive young, easily influenced student type" stamped all over it ! - Cheap laugh - Ha! Ha1
Why don't you live a little, aquire a modicum of knowledge of the "Global big picture" and then, and only then, express an informed and logical opinion.
Remember, an intelligent brain is useless without informed, unbiased, logical input, which should enable you to reach a personal decision, through consideration of all aspects of the debate..
Acceptance at a Uni. gets you to the initial stage.
The glory of free thinking, is to present your considered opinion on a debate, having seriously listened to all aspects of the dispute.
I urge you to be "Your Own Person" and don't follow the crowd without logical consideration of their cause.

PeterBale

Staff member
andyp said:
er.......it was a joke, surely?

Bit OTT IMO, that.

First came across it in relation to Mr Howard when the queen visited Australia. Quite clever, though :wink:

iancwilx

[
quote="andyp"]er.......it was a joke, surely?

Bit OTT IMO, that.[/quote]
I Don't think the victims of world wide terrorism will be laughing !

IMHO Dubya should be supported by all sane good thinking people in his fight to stop the world sliding into murderous anarchy.

And "Yes" I have listened to all the opposite views and theories, and "No" I am not humourless, naive or a simpleton!!

It's just that I don't think the man should be denigrated - It's just not a laughing matter.

Shall we agree to differ and leave it there ??

JessopSmythe

Frankly, I feel thats childish. adolescent,and has the words "Naive young, easily influenced student type" stamped all over it ! - Cheap laugh - Ha! Ha1

Have to agree with you, but then again, thats just the kind of humour I like :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very good, manx_yessir :tup