Funniest review...

:shock:

Did you notice the 'worlds greatest euphonium player' hmm! Bet poor David Childs will be crying into his beer tonight :wink: :lol:

How about the review that appeared in a well know brass band magazine recently complimenting the 'co's principal trombone player's rendition of Bolivar. Exceptional to get a review like that especially as he didn't even play it. Superb! :wink:

I think it meant well... and steven is probably the only euphonium player the Italians have ever heard. I don't think they knew quite how to describe the trademark mead sound effects in a cohesive manner!!

PeterBale

Staff member
Australian Euphonium said:
I think it meant well... and steven is probably the only euphonium player the Italians have ever heard. I don't think they knew quite how to describe the trademark mead sound effects in a cohesive manner!!
Whilst it is fair to say that the euphonium is a relative newcomer in Italy, anyone who heard the Italian band in Glasgow will I'm sure agree that their end man was most impressive, with quite a fearsome part to negotiate in "Phaeton" :wink:

James Yelland

and steven is probably the only euphonium player the Italians have ever heard

Possibly. But didn't Ponchielli write a concerto for 'flicorno basso', generally interpreted as being a euphonium? I think he was Italian, so one presumes he must have known what a euphonium was!

James Yelland said:
and steven is probably the only euphonium player the Italians have ever heard

Possibly. But didn't Ponchielli write a concerto for 'flicorno basso', generally interpreted as being a euphonium? I think he was Italian, so one presumes he must have known what a euphonium was!

I dunno, I thought it was bass saxhorn or something - pfffttt, well I think he's probably the first euphonium soloist this particular reviewer has been exposed to - certainly in the world of multiphonics and SFX