Force of Destiny beg please

Mesmerist

Has anyone out there in band-land ever separated the Flugel and Repiano part for the Force of Destiny? It's practically illegible as a joint part. If you have, may I beg, borrow or buy a copy please?

Mr_Chairman

Without wishing to hijack this thread , is there a historical reason why Rep and Flugel used to appear on the same part?

whippet

So the Flugal player could point to where the band actually was to the rep player !
In the olden days back in the late 60's and 70's when I was playing tenor horn, the flugel and the rep sat next to each other but why they appeared on the same part I don't know. Would be interested to know!

Ianroberts

If I may as a lowly retired Baritone player offer this gem. I too (many many moons ago) once played rep and occasionally was presented with parts as you suggest. The easiest way I found was to:-

a. Copy the part
b. Tipex out the unwanted bits (other brands are available)
c. Touch up with a pen any lines / bits of notes etc that had inadvertently received tipex
d. Copy said touched up copy.

Hey presto a readable part that you didn't have to re write or beg for, you will however lose a decent excuse if you still can't play it though!

Slider1

Has anyone out there in band-land ever separated the Flugel and Repiano part for the Force of Destiny? It's practically illegible as a joint part. If you have, may I beg, borrow or buy a copy please?
When do you want it for.?

Mesmerist

The rep part please but I'm not in a major rush now as next rehearsal is Wednesday and then no rehearsals until the following Sunday as we have some Park Jobs. Do you have a copy Slider?

Slider1

The rep part please but I'm not in a major rush now as next rehearsal is Wednesday and then no rehearsals until the following Sunday as we have some Park Jobs. Do you have a copy Slider?
I can get one, split it and then work out how to get it to you no probs.

Slider1

Have taken the liberty of sending you the Flugal part as well now
If you do not receive it can you let me know

Cheers

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.