For those who like cricket!....

twigglet

Hurrah to England!! I do believe this is the first time since 1968 that England have actually won a test series in the West Indies. Good game, good game.

Don't know who stood out most, as england actually played as a team for once...

Harmison's big bowling spree (22 wickets in 3 matches!), Thorpe's century, Vaughan's aggresive slip attack, Collingwood's catches etc etc

Comments on a postcard please...

N.B. cricket 'boc' information assisted by big twigge, just cause we love cricket and Nasser Hussain (but only in a cap!)

Big Twigge

its not only Nasser who looks sexy with his hat on, don't forget Thorpe and Butcher :D

Anyway brilliant cricket, brilliant win, just a shame that everytime England got a wicket I was out of the room!
As El said an all round team effort (even Trescothick managed to get a few runs in the end!)

Will they be able to make it a series whitewash...?!

Will the Sec

Hi, Big Twigge and Twigglet.

You do realise that such knowledge for cricket and passion for banding makes you two the divine dream girls of every cricketing brass player in the land?

Anyway brilliant cricket, brilliant win, just a shame that everytime England got a wicket I was out of the room!

Hmm. Despite my statement above, it sounds like you should never be in the room with the cricket on the TV when England are fielding. You can watch the highlights, though... :lol:

As El said an all round team effort (even Trescothick managed to get a few runs in the end!)

I wish he'd move his feet, though. He'd score bucket loads!

Will they be able to make it a series whitewash...?!
I hope so. It would be nice to remove "Blackwash" from cricketing vocabulary. :p

Aidan

Will the Sec said:
You do realise that such knowledge for cricket and passion for banding makes you two the divine dream girls of every cricketing brass player in the land?
I'm led to believe their lucky spouses are on here somewhere...!

Big Twigge

Nadia said:
Will the Sec said:
I'm led to believe their lucky spouses are on here somewhere...!
Hurrah :shock: , incidentally, are there very many cricketing brass players (who are naturally exceedingly lovely looking)?!?!
I'll keep trying elsewhere just in case they don't show up on here..... :twisted: :wink:

ploughboy

Vaughan is the man that ties it all together, and he's a Yorkshireman!!!!!!!

I think its' great that the bowlers have all stood up and been counted one at a time,

1st test Harmison 5 for
2nd test Jones 5 for
3rd test, Flintoff and now Hoggard 5 for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all so good, It's great to watch, Can't wait for the return legs this year, gonna go to headingly it's always a good test.

Cantonian

It's great to see England (and Wales-Simon Jones) doing so well. the fast bowling attack is looking good and there's even James Anderson in reserve.

I cannot understand the selectors bringing back Darren Gough for the one day series. It's a good job that Andy Caddick is injured or he would be in as well!

twigglet

Would like to see Anderson play the next game, but not sure who they would swap him with as the others have all done so well... hmm tough one

Cantonian

twigglet said:
Would like to see Anderson play the next game, but not sure who they would swap him with as the others have all done so well... hmm tough one

How about Ashley Giles, he hasn't bowled much and if you need a fill-in bowler before lunch then Michael Vaughan could bring himself on.

twigglet

"thats a good call, almighty pace attack!" says caroline..."especially as Ashley Giles playes %"*! this test, although he can do better"

Big Twigge

I'd just like to say that I didn't realise Elin was going to quote me there, if I had the response would have been superior and far more impressive sounding :shock:

Morghoven

twigglet said:
Vaughan's aggresive slip attack

Did you see the picture of the end of the first test when there were 8 (or was it 9?!) slips? Top quality!

AFAIK it's the first time ever that we've won three matches in a series in the Windies. Is it too early to mention the A word?

Dave

yr_epa

Even though i'm Welsh, I do follow England (as Wales are only in the Minor Counties league!).

Must be honest, I thought Thorpe with his 119n.o in that first innings was the highlight for myself. To think the next score to that in the English line-up was 17 from the skipper, it makes it even better.

After that superb innings, he seems to be 19th in PWC Cricket Ratings. That must be wrong or they haven't bothered to update it! He's definetly in the top-10 if not the best 5 in the world.

Bring on the Aussies, even if they have got one of the best ever bowlers back (hats off to Shane Warne!).

lynchie

well done to england (oo, that hurt...) on a good display. It seems like you might be getting a decent team together for once. However, I don't think talk of beating Australia is quite justified, since the windies were playing like my local village team... if only some cows had walked across the pitch it would have completed the illusion. Still, England did well to annihilate them every time, so it can't be bad eh!

stephen2001

yr_epa said:
Must be honest, I thought Thorpe with his 119n.o in that first innings was the highlight for myself.
After that superb innings, he seems to be 19th in PWC Cricket Ratings. That must be wrong or they haven't bothered to update it! He's definetly in the top-10 if not the best 5 in the world.

The rankings as far as I know are taken from a player's performance over the course of 12 months. As he only played in the 5th Test against South Africa last Summer, the rankings will be slightly skewed. If he continues his current form, he will probably go in the top five (Virender Sehwag will probably be top after his treble-hundred for India against Pakistan).

Regarding England's history against the Windies, this is the 4th time we have won three tests in a series, and the first time in the Carribean. If the final test is won, it will be the second whitewash for England against the West Indies, the first being a 3-0 victory in England in the first ever series between the two nations.

For a summary of previous Test Series click here