Football quiz (yippee!)

Dave Payn

22 points on offer. In the event of two or more tMP users finishing on the equal highest score, we'll have what is known when the snooker player James Wattana makes a sizeable contribution at a single visit to the table: that's right. a Thai break. :roll:

Here goes......

1. Who, when playing for Chelsea in 1997, became the first Romanian to play in the FA Cup Final? (1 point)

2. Which football club play their home matches at the Reynolds Arena? (1 point)

3. For which current Nationwide Division 3 club did Peter Shilton make his 1000th league appearance in 1997? (1 point)

4. Name the player who once scored on his home ground playing for an away side against a team drawn to play at home but who weren't playing in their own country! (2 points. 1 for the player, 1 for the correct explanation)

5. Which Scottish league club play their home games at Hampden Park? (1 point)

6. Now known as the Carling Cup, name the other five 'titles' the League Cup has been given since it was first sponsored in 1982 (5 points)

7. Kenneth Wolstenholme provided the commentary in the 1966 World Cup Final for the BBC. Who commentated ITV's coverage that day? (1 point)
[a] Brian Moore
Gerald Sinstadt
[c] Hugh Johns

8. How many goals were scored in Saturday's twelve Nationwide Division 1 games (and no checking the papers! ;-) (1 point)

9. Sunderland won in in 1979, Villa won it in 1981. Who won it in 1980? (1 point)

10. Identify the players. See if you can identify the list of current Prermiership regulars from their place of birth, date of birth and current club. (8 points)

[a] Born Watford 03.09.1970 (Middlesbrough)
Born Ipswich 29.12.1978 (Newcastle United)
[c] Born Waterford 30.04.1981 (Manchester United)
[d] Born Poznan, Poland 14.12.1973 (Everton)
[e] Born Lambeth, London 13.10.1980 (Charlton Athletic)
[f] Born Stepney, London 20.12.1980 (Arsenal)
[g] Born Norwich 18.05.1977 (Middlesbrough)
[h] Born Chester 14.12.1979 (Liverpool)

The Cornet King

Dave what do you want us to do when (if in my case!!!) we have the answers??

Do we just post em all below?
Whats the time limit??? :lol: :lol:

dyl

Umm - I take it then if you're totting up the totals for all entries that you want the answers e-mailed or pm'ed to you - and not posted on here? :wink:

Dave Payn

Dammit! Thank you Dyl and Chris. I should have said. Please PM me the answers, don't send them to this board! Oops!

D'oh!

Time limit? Until 1.30pm tomorrow.

The Cornet King

Dave Payn said:
Dammit! Thank you Dyl and Chris. I should have said. Please PM me the answers, don't send them to this board! Oops!

D'oh!

Cheers Dave.
:D I dont think i'll get em if we have till next year!!! Oh well...shall give it a go! :D

Dave Payn

The Cornet King said:
Dave Payn said:

D'oh!

Cheers Dave.
:D I dont think i'll get em if we have till next year!!! Oh well...shall give it a go! :D

Well, I could extend the deadline, I'spose. Make it 1.30pm Wednesday instead. That'll give me time to devise another one! ;-)

Dave Payn

Apologies folks! Question 3 is a misprunt. Instead of 'Against' which team did Peter Shilton make his 1000th league appearance, it should have read FOR which current Nationwide League Division 3 team did he make his 1000th league appearance!

D'oh! again!

Edit: I've changed it for you, Dave! Dyl.

Maestro

How the heck did you get them all? :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Don't tell me the missus helped you out ...again mate!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Chunky

Kev, I am shocked at the thought! I spent all last evening with her whilst we ran through Kaleidoscope (nice piece) and our programme for Milton Keynes! So we both needed a break from each other :lol:

Maestro

In that case then Mr Clarke Sir, God etc etc etc, Can I borrow her for one of the questions please? :wink: :lol:

Chunky

Borrow her! I should think not, I hear you have already got my best little buddy from Cawston turning up at Staines now you want the wife, you will leave me with nothing! :wink:

Maestro

You've still got the joys of Carrow Rud left mate. I haven't, I have to make do with watching them on sky whenever they are one, although my heart is still there mate.
By the way, cheers for the new horn player mate, makes me all nostalgic to hear the wonderful accent agin and have a mardle old partner. :wink:

Dave Payn

Maestro said:
Has anyone actually got them all yet? :? :?

Someone (who shall remain anonymous unless theyt wish to reveal themselves.... ooo-er!....) has got rather a lot of them right!