Fluba?!

George BB

There was a Cimbasso on one of the trade stands at last year's Tuba and Eupho do in Manchester. The sound from it was just awesome.
Would think the Fluba would equal it. :lol:

i would LOVE to have a go on one of them!!

:lol:

Bet it would really wreck your arms though. And your lungs for that matter!!!

James Yelland

groovy said:
This gave us great amusement on the way home from the Scottish last night - was in one of the free brass mags (Brass Band World I think]

If you know a source which supplies BBW free of charge, I'd be obliged if you shared it with us. Most of us have to pay £3.85 a month for the privelege.

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Can you imagine the arm ache after a 2 hour rehearsal - ouch! :x It'd hurt so much you wouldn't be able to lift your post-practice pint, and what a disaster that would be for a tuba player :D

Didn't I see somewhere that the Flugel Horn is actually a member of the tuba family? :dunno

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Ah yes you're right. :lol:

So I'm offically a "dirty" tuba player then. Well that might explain my drinking habits after the Area. Either that or the *beep* result! :shock:

Seedhouse

Lol, was thinking of Flubber when i opened this thread, and then opened up the link and was quite suprised! :shock: :D :lol:

ScrapingtheBottom

It's just a Eb contrabass trumpet, don't know what's so strange about it... :wink:

I confess that I was expecting to see a Tuba made out of Flubber or something.

lynchie

i thought it was going to be a tuba sized flute... :oops:

well, I'm sure if I had lots of money to waste on pointless instruments, I'd get one of those!

groovy

James Yelland said:
groovy said:
This gave us great amusement on the way home from the Scottish last night - was in one of the free brass mags (Brass Band World I think]

If you know a source which supplies BBW free of charge, I'd be obliged if you shared it with us. Most of us have to pay £3.85 a month for the privelege.

They were on a stand at the Scottish, and you could just pick one up. I expect it was a promotional copy or something - it was someone else that got it so i don't know for sure.

groovy

lynchie said:
or possibly said copy was accidentally pilfered....

NO!! :evil: :? :wink: :wink: :wink:
It said "everything on this table free" and there was a random dude supervising it!

What do you take me for??

(Don't answer that! :shock: :p )

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.