Floods

ju33les

Just wondering if anyone has been flooded out with this atrocious weather we are having.
Fortunately we're not- but it would have to be a tidal wave because we are on the 3rd floor! :shock:
Also...has anyone "aqua-planed" across the motorway recently? Not much fun is it :?

jameshowell

Luckily, living in East Anglia we don't flood all that often. It's about the only thing to make up for having an almost non existent brass band community!!!

bruceg

ju33les said:
Just wondering if anyone has been flooded out with this atrocious weather we are having.
Fortunately we're not- but it would have to be a tidal wave because we are on the 3rd floor! :shock:
Also...has anyone "aqua-planed" across the motorway recently? Not much fun is it :?

I haven't aquaplaned on the motorway yet but I did end up going sideways through a corner on a back road the other night due to unseen standing water. Luckily the Saab just shrugged its shoulders and kept on going - more than can be said for the driver who could see a field approaching fast! :?

Maestro

jameshowell said:
Luckily, living in East Anglia we don't flood all that often. It's about the only thing to make up for having an almost non existent brass band community!!!

Check your local EABBA website James. If you look at that, you will realise that there is a MOST EXISTANT brass band community!
They do a hell of a lot of good work, organising workshops and they are also very very hot the child policy.

Here is the url if you can be bothered to find out more about your local association

http://www.eabba7.freeserve.co.uk/

jameshowell

Thanks for the link, I'm now checking it out!

I've always skimmed over things they've done because I assumed you had to be a player of one of their member bands to take part? Is this the case?

EDIT: Just checked the site and I was right, their events are only for member bands / their players, thats the problem :cry:

Maestro

JAmes,
If you ask Chunky, who is a member on these forums, I am sure he will be able to answer fully any questions that you may have.

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
Back on topic we're not flooded at the moment but going back to the summer when everyone else was celebrating the hottest day ever we had a freak rainstorm. Within 1/2 hr of the rain starting we had floods. To make it worse that day our band was scheduled to play a concert about 1/2 mile from my house and me and stan were the only 2 who couldn't get there 'cos we were waiting for the fire brigade to come and pump the street out