Flooded

timbloke

I've just spent an hour trying to get from one side of Sheffield to the other, 5 miles max, and after trying as many alternative routes as I could to avoid the traffic, I ended up outside my house. So have gone back home for the time being.

Anyone else suffering from flooding?

tubafran

Anyone else suffering from flooding?

Not at the moment and I had a fairly uneventful drive in from Killamarsh to work near Meadowhall - perhaps you should have tried the M1. The wind is pretty bad at the moment and our building is getting a good battering.

BbBill

Supporting Member
Floods? Heavy snow around my locality! (... on my day off as well :frown: ).

Yeh the snows the problem up here right enough, am sitting in Glasgow Audi waiting on my car getting looked at, the roads were terrible from Campbeltown to Glasgow this morn.

You should be out on your sledge if your off today brassneck!!

brassneck

Yeh the snows the problem up here right enough, am sitting in Glasgow Audi waiting on my car getting looked at, the roads were terrible from Campbeltown to Glasgow this morn.

You should be out on your sledge if your off today brassneck!!

- no sign of the snowfall easing up ... and I have some shopping to do as well! (including a visit to the matriarch today!)

onebandman

Very windy and a bit of flooding in Buxton this morning, and the River Wye looked a couple of inches from running down the A6 just outside Buxton.
I work in the same office as Derbyshire County Council's tree inspectors and there's been a few trees come down overnight.

Sopha

No floods (i dont think anyway) here yet. but there was outstandingly heavy rainfull in the night and it's particularly windy here too. Watching the trees from my window there swaying like goodens! I'm really scared as a neighbors fell down a couple of months back!
the rain has cleared up now wish the wind had too!

MissBraz

Lol not flooded but wind as well haha
mum didnt want me to drive to college in the wind so got the day off!!!
GET IN!!!!!!!
although i still have work to do :(

Chunky

The wind here is awful too! My boss has just rung us and asked us to to his house where his childrens trampoline has just been lifted out of his garden and into the road.

Not sure that is included in my job description!

timbloke

A slate just flew off the roof at work and missed my car by a metre or so!

reminds me of the time yorkshirepuddin and I got hit on the head by a flying slate whilst looking a sausages in a butchers in Hillsborough. I was ok, but she had to have her head literally glued together!!

Not raining any more and I eventually made it into work, although walking round site isn't much fun, it is muddy and wet at the best of times, nearly got blown over a couple of times.

On the tree front, they've been taking a few trees down recently and I'm sure there are some more that have had their roots loosened by the work nearby, I don't think my hard hat will be of much use if one decides it doesn't want to stay upright! :eek:

winterman

Erm.. yeah lots and lost of wind here just off J27 of the M62!! Just seen 7 large industrial For Sale signs fly past the office window and one of the guys in the unit next door take off as he tried to empty a rubbish bin into the top of a large skip outside (muppet!).

vonny

It's nice to know I can get an update on the current weather in the UK. I'm in Philadelphia and the weather is very cold, in fact the temp hit -3 yesterday. It seems a lot of the USA is experiencing some bad weather. I'm off to Miami next Monday for 4 days, then North Carolina for 2 days then it's back to Philly for my final couple of days.

Yvonne x

ian perks

its just windy here our nextdoor neighbours panel as said farewell to the rest of the fense(oops):(
A few tress have come to grief .
But the best of all is my cat berlioz is sitting by the back door looking out at the leaves been blown around out side jumping up at the door trying to catch them:clap: :biggrin:

gawber

My old man has just climbed a ladder to get onto the extension roof THEN placed a step ladder on the extension roof, climbed up it and lifted a ridge tile off the main roof that has been loosened by the wind. He was afraid the ridge tile would blow off and cause some damage. I was afraid the wind would blow HIM off the extension but happily he has got down safely-the muppet!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Someone has just sent an email round to the rest of us here (at work) saying that Coventry is a nightmare traffic wise. Given the is traffic worse than a nightmare at the best of times I'm not looking forward to my journey home :(