Final Call - Holland August 2004 KSB

tubafran

Further to our previous request for guest players for our Holland 2004 trip we have 4 spaces left on the coach. The last thread www.themouthpiece.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5958 had over 1300 views and secured 3 guest players for the tour.

We are staying for 4 nights at Haarlem and 4 at Arnhem, cost includes all transport, accommodation and food on a breakfast only basis.

We would be keen to hear from a kit player and other percussionist plus front row cornets. The cost is £260-£290 and we have the following programme

Sat 21/08 6.00am leave Sheffield for Harwich ferry to Hook of Holland
Sun 22/08 Playing at Six Flags theme park am - rest of day in park
Mon 23/08 Dam Square Amsterdam - mid day concert
Tue 24/08 Haarlem town centre - mid day concert
Wed 25/08 Hook of Holland
Thu 26/08 - National War & Resistance Museum www.oorlogsmuseum-overloon.nl
Fri 27/08 - Maastricht Food & Drink Festival www.preuvenemint.nl
Sat 28/08 - Arnhem - mid day concert
Sun 29/08 - Return to UK

Please pm me if you are interested - we would need a £100 deposit payment to secure a place and it is strictly on a first come first pay gets the places.

We have a number of tMPers coming already and of those that have been with us before I am sure they can all vouch for an excellent weeks tour.

Hi Tubafran

Enjoyed your rehearsal last night, and meeting people in the pub after :D

Wish I was coming on your trip but I think 7 tubas would be a bit too excessive :wink:

tubafran

One down

OK Daniel but don't forget to do some falling over practice too.

Nick good news it would be great if Rosie, can come so now there are only 3 places left to fill the tour bus.

Any more cornet players or kit players interested in an excellent tour with a great bunch of banders? Playing will be limted to 2 to 3 hours per day then its Grolsh, Grolsh and more Grolsh. If you don't drink of course that's no problem as there will also be plenty of time for sight-seeing etc.

tubafran

Holland Trip - Latest

Thanks to Well Worth It for confirming that he's coming - so we are OK on kit now. Still have room for some more cornets. Anyone else out there interested in weeks playing in Holland with a super bunch of bandsman and woman?

tubafran

Cornets for Holland

That's the drummer sorted. Garry can you work your charms on some cornet players - 2nd Man Down's got to be up for this - what do we have to do to fill that bus? Free beer? loose woman? loose men? we are open to suggestions.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Re: Cornets for Holland

tubafran said:
- 2nd Man Down's got to be up for this -
Isn't he still locked in the BOC Bro house? We'll have to get him evicted in time for the trip :wink:

tubafran

BBCbariUSA said:
Isn't he still locked in the BOC Bro house? We'll have to get him evicted in time for the trip :wink:

or we could make it a forfeit where by he gets to come but we don't let him drink any beer :twisted:

tubafran said:
BBCbariUSA said:

or we could make it a forfeit where by he gets to come but we don't let him drink any beer :twisted:

or a forfeit where he has to buy all the beer :twisted:

tubafran

Holland Trip

Just noticed that another band from Derbyshire (Shirland Welfare Training Band) are in Holland the same week as Killamarsh.

Does anyone know where they are staying and playing during the week? We are now staying in Rotterdam 21 to 24 and Nijmegen 25 to 28 August returning to the UK on the 29.

Playing at Six Flags on 22nd, Amsterdam 23rd, Haarlem 24th, rest day 25th, Overloon 26th, Maastricht 27th and Arnhem 28th.

Pythagoras

Hilary Mateer said:
Hi Tubafran

Enjoyed your rehearsal last night, and meeting people in the pub after :D

Wish I was coming on your trip but I think 7 tubas would be a bit too excessive :wink:

You should see the number of trombones we've got!

Pythagoras

Re: Holland Trip

tubafran said:
Just noticed that another band from Derbyshire (Shirland Welfare Training Band) are in Holland the same week as Killamarsh.

Does anyone know where they are staying and playing during the week? We are now staying in Rotterdam 21 to 24 and Nijmegen 25 to 28 August returning to the UK on the 29.

Playing at Six Flags on 22nd, Amsterdam 23rd, Haarlem 24th, rest day 25th, Overloon 26th, Maastricht 27th and Arnhem 28th.

Is there really a place called Six Flags? Doesn't sound very Dutch to me.

Why no Dronfield-style stopping somewhere on the journey to play a concert :?: :wink:

lynchie

Six Flags - Big theme park in Holland... much fun! There's a big roller coaster there that I forgot the name of, but on the pictures afterwards the guy in cart behind us had his head over his shoulder and the next 4 pictures showed people covered in vomit... classy!