Federation Change The Rules.

BoozyBTrom

Nice to see the BFBB has had the common sence to help the bands out who are struggling for players after loosing members who serve in the armed forces and will miss the areas due to being mobilized to the Iraq problem. By ammending the rules a little.

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=815

heres to a safe return to all our Serving Boys and girls

Heather

Yes, it seemed a bit wierd reading that but I suppose its a sign of the times.
All the best to any bandsmen or bandswomen who have been or are about to be 'called up'.

Roger Thorne

BoozyBTrom said:
Nice to see the BFBB has had the common sence to help the bands out who are struggling for players after loosing members who serve in the armed forces and will miss the areas due to being mobilized to the Iraq problem. By ammending the rules a little.

I agree that the BFBB have made a sensible move, but don't you think that they have left it a bit late to announce it? We knew about Bandsmen being posted weeks ago. In fact there was an article in the British Bandsman about it. So I think they could have acted a bit sooner with this one, which might have relieved some of the pressures from bands who are unfortunate enough to have lost players to Iraq and are competing at their area contests this coming weekend.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those Bandsman/woman who have been drafted to foreign soils during these worrying times.