Fave Film from Childhood

Andy_Euph

Just watched The Karate Kid and remembered why I watched it so much when I was younger, tis ace.
It also made me remember the other films from when I was younger, top 3 have to be:

Karate Kid
Masters of the Universe
Willow

Used to watch these all the time... but whats your best childhood movies?

Well all of the disney films were my favourites. We have all the tapes and they are so worn now! Especially Robin Hood (which i watched the other night and is still ace!) and aladdin, lion king, and beauty and the beast (which i have watched regularily for the past 7 years or so :oops: )

I also loved the film adaptation of the book The Water Babies. I actually just bought that on dvd because i loved it so much and the tape wont play anymore! :lol:

Trom41821

Just bought mine on DVD - Whistle Down the Wind!! Well it was made in 1961 :oops: Oh my goodness how old am I???? :shock:

missflugel

Mary Poppins
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (but the kiddy catcher still scares me now)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

All classics that children should have to watch from an early age

Jo x

Nuke

Three films from when i was younger

Robocop
Childs Play
Beverly Hills Cop

may explain how ive turned out now

Euph-Bari

Loved loads of the disney stuff

but the Goonies has to be up there , would still watch it if it was on tomorrow :D

Nuke

awwww Yea ET would be up there cause of the relation to my sister and also Ghostbusters, either of them are good.

six pints

The lion king (ok from my "teenage hood, but its still mint)
The goonies (EB, ur not the only one!)
chitty chitty bang bang (i used to love that too miss flugel, btw what college u at? i kept meaning to join uni brass band, never got round to it. i will next year!)

My Girl (would probably still make me cry).

I remember the first film I saw at the cinema was 'Return to Oz' - I was so scared I had to sit on my dad's knee (I was only 4).

Trigger

I used to watch the Wizard of Oz over and over again it was fab :D . And all the Disney films and The Sound of Music.

But then I watched The Return to Oz!! :shock: Firstly I was gutted that it wasn't Judy Garland playing Dorothy and then I went rigid with fear when I saw those evil things on wheels. Scared me to death!! Although having said that, it didn't scare me as much as watching Nightmare on Elm Street when I was about six, because I found it in the video recorder and thought it would be a good idea to watch it. Cr*apped myself for about a year after that!! :lol: :lol:

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.