Fa Cup Weekend

MRSH

Supporting Member
How are your team gonna do in the next round???

Full fourth-round draw

Man City or Leicester City v Tottenham
Swansea v Preston or Reading
Northampton or Rotherham v Man Utd
Kiddermister or Wolves v West Ham
Arsenal v Middlesbrough
Coventry v Accrington or Colchester
Ipswich v Sunderland
Luton v Tranmere or Bolton
Liverpool v Newcastle Utd
Burnley v Gillingham
Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Utd
Portsmouth v Barnsley or Scunthorpe
Everton v Fulham
Telford v Millwall
Southend or Scarborough v Watford or Chelsea
Birmingham v Wimbledon or Stoke City

I think Liverpool will struggle, Newcastle have been playing well.

I think Telford need a little bit more of that luck that they had when they played Crewe.

yorkie19

Scraped past Villa 2-1. Hopefully Northampton or Rotherham won't pose so big a test in the next round.

geordiecolin

Kari Anson said:
I think Liverpool will struggle, Newcastle have been playing well.

Have you been watching the same Newcastle I have??
At least Fat Freddie's rocket inspired them to lay a 32 year old ghost to rest, no not Alan Shearer but thats how long ago it was since we won at Southampton :shock:
Wor Kieron (or Kevin as SBR calls him) might finally be fulfilling the potential he been showing since forever. Now's the time to deliver Mr Dyer.

Was vintage toon against Southampton and if Woodgate stays fit and in maintains that sort of form he HAS to go to Euro 2004.

Watch us give an inspid performance against Fulham now and lose 1 - 0 without so much of a wimper! Inconsistency - the only consistent thing about Newcastle Utd!

PeterBale

Staff member
geordiecolin said:
At least Fat Freddie's rocket inspired them to lay a 32 year old ghost to rest, no not Alan Shearer but thats how long ago it was since we won at Southampton :shock:
Wor Kieron (or Kevin as SBR calls him) might finally be fulfilling the potential he been showing since forever. Now's the time to deliver Mr Dyer.

Was vintage toon against Southampton and if Woodgate stays fit and in maintains that sort of form he HAS to go to Euro 2004.

Watch us give an inspid performance against Fulham now and lose 1 - 0 without so much of a wimper! Inconsistency - the only consistent thing about Newcastle Utd!
Anyone watch "Auf Wiedersehn Pet" on Sunday night :?:

Oz was saying what a wonderful view he had from his flat - the roof of St James's Park :shock:

Didn't say whether he could see the pitch or not, though :wink:

Steve

Liverpool will beat Newcastle, all our injured players should be back by then and with harry kewell tripping over things so convincingly we should be flying. :wink:

uncle eric

hello friends

i can't help feel downhearted (with a few exceptions, happily) when i read these things about soccer these days. manchester united fans from york? everton fans from shropshire???? liverpool fans from Wales??????????????dear oh dear oh dear. in my day you were proud of where you came from, proud of the country you were born in, and the town as well. you spent your time actually going to games instead of wasting it thinking up spurious reasons as to why you were allowed to support a team from some distance away from your place of birth (who always 'happen' to be a successful one) come the revolution, it shall be an offense punishable by death..........

happy new year by the way

Uncle eric

uncle eric said:
hello friends

i can't help feel downhearted (with a few exceptions, happily) when i read these things about soccer these days. manchester united fans from york? everton fans from shropshire???? liverpool fans from Wales??????????????dear oh dear oh dear. in my day you were proud of where you came from, proud of the country you were born in, and the town as well. you spent your time actually going to games instead of wasting it thinking up spurious reasons as to why you were allowed to support a team from some distance away from your place of birth (who always 'happen' to be a successful one) come the revolution, it shall be an offense punishable by death..........

Uncle eric

Having been born and raised (not literally) round the corner from the Villa ground I supported them as they were my local league team. It's a family thing as well cos my Mum supported them when Villa were in the lower divisions (and she also hails from Brum). So even when I moved to Cambridge I stuck with my team and always will (even when they go through the bad spells). The only bad thing about moving was that it became harder to go and see the matches. :cry:

So there are peeps out there who support the teams from where they are born, but alas it is also true that peeps support a team from a distance they were born cos they are supposed to be better than the local club. I have to agree with uncle eric and find a way of punishing them!!

Dave Payn

Uncle eric[/quote]

Having been born and raised (not literally) round the corner from the Villa ground I supported them as they were my local league team. It's a family thing as well cos my Mum supported them when Villa were in the lower divisions (and she also hails from Brum). So even when I moved to Cambridge I stuck with my team and always will (even when they go through the bad spells). The only bad thing about moving was that it became harder to go and see the matches. :cry:

So there are peeps out there who support the teams from where they are born, but alas it is also true that peeps support a team from a distance they were born cos they are supposed to be better than the local club. I have to agree with uncle eric and find a way of punishing them!![/quote]

I claim leniency, mercy, whatever! I'm an Arsenal fan but if I was to support the team closest to where I was born and raised, that'd mean supporting Millwall and I'd rather support Tottenhma than do that!

Dave Payn said:
I claim leniency, mercy, whatever! I'm an Arsenal fan but if I was to support the team closest to where I was born and raised, that'd mean supporting Millwall and I'd rather support Tottenhma than do that!

I suppose thats fair enough, I guess i'm just lucky about where I was born and have to feel sorry for the poor people who were born round teams that they really didn't want to support, but Arsenal............ :shock:
surly you would get more entertainment from Milwall :wink:

Maybe we are getting a bit off topic, at least you will get some more FA cup action.

geordiecolin

PeterBale said:
geordiecolin said:

Anyone watch "Auf Wiedersehn Pet" on Sunday night :?:

Oz was saying what a wonderful view he had from his flat - the roof of St James's Park :shock:

Didn't say whether he could see the pitch or not, though :wink:

Its not saying much really. Virtually any city centre building in Newcastle has a view of St James. Planning restrictions and a main road meant that the 20,000 seat extension went UP and not OUT!! Apparently from Level 7 of the Milburn Stand you can see about 20 miles. And very little of the players.