Event Questions

neiltwist

this isn't a question for the organisers, but

who is getting the train from Manchester/Stockport?

just thought we could arrange to get the same train, and at least then any taxis etc at the other end could be shared, and we could also pre-book

so far, I think there's myself, Spaarkly, and possibly Leisa getting the train.

so post away, maybe we can get bulk discount?

davidsait

Ok, are we any closer to confirming the venue?

The main reason here being that picju and myself are coming by train (unless theres any offers for a lift from cov :) )and we need to know which station to come into (I'm assuming New Street....) and then get a taxi to the venue.

Di B

Silly question.... we have players, but who is conducting? I know they 'ain't important but hey, its for charity :lol:

lynchie

I'll probably be getting the train from manchester. Don't think I'll be able to blag the car from work that weekend, and I quite fancy a few post match pints!

Di B

Question.... does the BBC know have any parking facilities? Alternatively, do they know anywhere cheap to park?

Just thinking a several hour pass in Brum city centre is gonna be pricey for drivers.....

Cheers

super_sop

Supporting Member
Another question, when do you want the money sent in by, i only ask as ive been off work for two weeks, and therefore havent been able to collect the money off everybody.

lynchie

is there any chance I can just bob along with a cheque on the day? Don't think the post would get to you before then now anyway! And being a poor student (sort of) type, I don't have any envelopes or stamps!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
As for money, we appreciate that it takes time to collect whatever you have raised. You can give me a cheque on the day, pay anytime by the paypal link in tMP e-Shop, or do either when you have eventually collected your sponsorship.

I think I will leave it two weeks until I submit a final cheque from tMp to BBC CiN, this should give everyone enough time to sort out their sponsorship etc...

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
JessopSmythe said:
Is anyone going to bring a laptop so we can keep up a tMP live commentary on the event?

Britannia Hotel has wifi in rooms.... and I have wifi laptop... :):) and guess where I am staying then... :?:

Di B

Can I ask what is happening with Sponsorship?

Are we...

1) Collecting it and handing it over on the day to one of you...
2) Collecting it after the event

Its just I told someone something when it looks like I should have said another! :oops:

Keppler

Staff member
Di, we'll probably allocate about 2 weeks after the event for collection purposes.
I'm paypal-ing mine through this evening though!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
TheMusicMan said:
As for money, we appreciate that it takes time to collect whatever you have raised. You can give me a cheque on the day, pay anytime by the paypal link in tMP e-Shop, or do either when you have eventually collected your sponsorship.

I think I will leave it two weeks until I submit a final cheque from tMp to BBC CiN, this should give everyone enough time to sort out their sponsorship etc...

Hi Di...

See my quote above re payment of sponsorship money... :) your call really. :)

Di B

Thats the mail that confused me! :eek: (It doesn't take a lot!)

I thought we were handing over the cheque on Friday as well or are we just pledging that amount?

Ta

Keppler

Staff member
We're hoping for a photo with a big novelty cheque, but of course, all that needs is an estimate of the total amount, a large marker, and plenty of cheesy grins...

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Correct Neal....

Di - sorry to confuse you, but all we need on Friday is an amount pledged so far so that I can fill this in on the promotional cheque ready for the 'big cheesy grins' on camera... :D

I just spoke (yet again) to the BBC who say that 2 weeks is fine to get all sponsorship money in. All I'd like is an amount that is as close as possible to the final amount.

J

Di B

Ahhh! Thats why I got confused!

Ok - I can do the cheesy grin.... :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm