Event Questions

lynchie

Active Member
Just thought I'd start this for questions about "The Event" instead of messing up the other thread.

Just a few of my own :

1 Where in Birmingham is the studio?
2. What are we going to play?
3. Are you going to be sending out parts to everyone before hand?

ps. I know I haven't signed up yet. My boss is on holiday and I can't book time off till he's back. Consider me a provisional! :D
 

Big Twigge

Active Member
Just a quickie...is everyone going to stay over on friday night so that we could have another tMP social?
 

Roger Thorne

Active Member
I appreciate that you will have lots of questions for us to answer on this one, but as we've only just been given the go-ahead we haven't got the answers ourselves just yet.

We are now working flat out behind the scenes to organise this as promptly as possible and when we have further details we will post them on here.

:wink:
 

lynchie

Active Member
Just thought of another one...

What are we all going to be wearing at the event? I imagine black trousers and white shirts will be the basis, but could we get some lovely company to provide jackets as long as they can put their name on them? Always good for companies to be seen to be charitable!!!
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
 

Trom41821

Member
I know you mods/organisers are working like stink to get this sorted but I guess if a few people post lots of questions then there will be fewer postings to look through rather than many with only one question :!:

Anyway that complicated thought over:-

Will we be getting an application form or sponsorship form? I notice from earlier postings on this subject we were going to be expected to raise at least £10.00e each.

Thanks to all for making this event possible :D :D :D :D :D
 

Big Twigge

Active Member
I know that this shouldn't really be under this topic, but as its to with the event I thought I might get away with it.

Just thought I'd let you know that mum (bless her) has said that she'll give a donation of £1 to Children in Need for every player in theMouthPiece.com Band.

Shes so lovely!
 

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
To everyone who has posted a question here... many thanks to you for your interest and support, and we will get back with answers to these questions very soon. I have been on the telephone and will possibly have to meet up with BBC representative soon to discuss fine details etc. Look out for a further update by the weekend.

Thanks a million for your support, this is gonna be a good one I'm sure... :)

John
 

lynchie

Active Member
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
lynchie said:
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...
The main advantage, apart form the fact that most people should be able to come up with a jacket that fits - at least sort of :wink: - is that it highlights the diversity that theMouthPiece represents.

John: Had you thought of making it possible for tMPers who are unable to make it themselves to contribute to Children in Need via the site?
 

davidsait

Member
PeterBale said:
lynchie said:
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...
The main advantage, apart form the fact that most people should be able to come up with a jacket that fits - at least sort of :wink: - is that it highlights the diversity that theMouthPiece represents.
I'd agree with that.
 

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
For WhitFriday we wore black trousers , white shirts and our own band tie.
For Easingwold we wore our own band uniform
What about wearing our tmp t shirts?

Another question when we find out where we're playing can we find out if theres any disabled parking nearby 'cos if theres not ChewyTuba is going to have problems
 

davidsait

Member
picju96 said:
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I don't have a band jacket!
Yes you do, it's black!

Or we could wear what we use for our 'less formal concerts' - our polo shirts!
 

picju96

Member
davidsait said:
picju96 said:
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I don't have a band jacket!
Yes you do, it's black!

Or we could wear what we use for our 'less formal concerts' - our polo shirts!
Oh ok then, polo shirts I think, although we could look a bit out of place!
 

super_sop

Supporting Member
davidsait said:
PeterBale said:
lynchie said:
PeterBale said:
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.
I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...
The main advantage, apart form the fact that most people should be able to come up with a jacket that fits - at least sort of :wink: - is that it highlights the diversity that theMouthPiece represents.
I'd agree with that.
I'd go with that to.

ans as for camra friendly, after test the nation, it wouldnt really matter what colour you r wear. I wore a "sugested" colour and still looked a Pillock!!!
 

Jo Elson

Member
That sounds a cool idea wearing our own band jackets, it'll show how wide tMP's spread. And cos not every1 has a tMP shirt etc. and then no one will look out of place if every1 is different anyway
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
Neither of my band jackets fit so I'll be the one looking like a total plonker!

I'll be in Brum from the Thursday due to the need to get lots of free biros at the Dental Trade Exhibition (and a free teddy bear from one of my labs!) so how about tMP socials on the Thurs and Fri??? :guiness

Rach x
 

neiltwist

Active Member
cornetgirl said:
Neither of my band jackets fit so I'll be the one looking like a total plonker!

I'll be in Brum from the Thursday due to the need to get lots of free biros at the Dental Trade Exhibition (and a free teddy bear from one of my labs!) so how about tMP socials on the Thurs and Fri??? :guiness

Rach x
can't be there by thursday, but friday...
 
Top