Event Crimond

lynchie

Just wondering if anyone could remember who had done the arrangement of Crimond we played at the Event?

dyl

How Great Thou Art was arranged by Eric Ball, and I'm nearly 100% sure it was Peter Graham's arrangement of Crimond.

Not sure who wrote that piece called 'The Floral Dance' though! ;)

lynchie

That was how great thou art

I only remember because that was when I looked at it and said "So Eric Ball eh? Is he famous?"

Railybobs

Goff Richards arrangement of Crimond is one of the best Hymn arrangements out in my opinion if it counts for much ! ! !

twigglet

oo yes we did have a bit of a mare, and i think leisa, craig and i just giggled our way through most of the runs! oops! :lol:

super_sop

Supporting Member
twigglet said:
oo yes we did have a bit of a mare, and i think leisa, craig and i just giggled our way through most of the runs! oops! :lol:
erm excuse me ........... what do you mean most of the runs!!!!!

All the runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

lynchie

Railybobs said:
Goff Richards arrangement of Crimond is one of the best Hymn arrangements out in my opinion if it counts for much ! ! !

It's ok, but I really don't like the "battlestar" trombone section in it, which is why I was pleasantly surprised by the one we played at the event!

Keppler

Staff member
twigglet said:

lucky I picked just that time to play my allotted quantity of right notes then..

The Cornet King

Keppler said:
twigglet said:

lucky I picked just that time to play my allotted quantity of right notes then..

Yeh guys...Leisa, Craig...what was going on down the bottom end then... :wink:

Me and lynda didn't seem to falter all day.. :D :lol: :wink:

I thought the front bench gave a rather memorable performance of William Tell anyway! :D

Aidan

i missed out most of the final take as i had a hat pulled over my face :?

"ok, lets have a show of hands... Crimond?"
"Floral Dance!"
"Slaidburn"
"FLORAL DANCE!!!"

haha :D now thats democracy for you, and not one hand moved! :)

timbloke

its a pity someone decided to start the piece whilst the trombs were still signing their lives away, thus creating a certain "lull" in the music where we had no idea where we were.....

Keppler

Staff member
The Cornet King said:
Yeh guys...Leisa, Craig...what was going on down the bottom end then... :wink:

Me and lynda didn't seem to falter all day.. :D :lol: :wink:

I thought the front bench gave a rather memorable performance of William Tell anyway! :D

Memorable is one word for it. I'm sure Rog can fill in a few others..