EUROPEANS 2004

Keppler

Staff member
Beat me to it Rog.. ;)

yes, am looking forward to already! Another chance to meet tmpers anyway, and cheaper to get to than last year!

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
I think I'll see if I can go up for the weekend of the contest and gala concert, would have gone up earlier for the extra stuff but doesnt look theyre doing a horn masterclass. (arent there any decent horn players in Scotland or summut? :) )

yr_epa

The only problem with this year's European contest is the date. It works out to be a week before the Grand Shield and I would guess that the majority of the bands in the Senior Trophy, Senior Cup and the Shield will be rehearsing the weekend before the contests in Blackpool. It also doesn't help that the test piece is on Friday night which is also impossible to get to if you're working until 3:30pm on the friday and live more than 3 hours away from Glasgow! Should be a superb contest with YBS, Cory, Faireys and CWS Glasgow to name a few bands. Pity I won't be able to be there!

The Cornet King

On the topic of Europeans...any chance of organising a TMP group trip for those who want to go to the Europeans?

Just a thought! :D

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
The Cornet King said:
On the topic of Europeans...any chance of organising a TMP group trip for those who want to go to the Europeans?

Sounds good, not sure how I'll get upto Glasgow, will probably see if my car will make it that far and back so could take others up as well. We'd just have to make sure all the tmp-ers are in the same hotel so we can make them keep the bar open all night :)

Euph-Bari

The Cornet King said:

Just a thought! :D

i was thinking of going up too, its possible :p

you should try booking into the IBIS Novotel, or Holiday Inn Express as there rooms are between £40 & £50 per night but that is for the room not per person, so could cram a few people in.

imthemaddude

Peter - typing with your caps on is seen as shouting!!!! take it off!!!!!!! you can get the info and tickets off the european brass band association website - me and keppler will be there and Nadia I hope! Anyone else going??

Lauradoll

tewkeshorn said:
I think I'll see if I can go up for the weekend of the contest and gala concert, would have gone up earlier for the extra stuff but doesnt look theyre doing a horn masterclass. (arent there any decent horn players in Scotland or summut? :) )

Right enough, Sandy Smith, Lesley Howie, Robbie Cargill, Sheona White are not Scottish at all............ :shock: