Sold/Expired European Brass Band Championships 2003 on DVD!

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
'World of Brass' announce what is thought to be the world's first brass band DVD.
Up to now, Highlights of the European Brass Band Championships have only ever been available on CD.
This year, as well as the double CD, there will be a video and a DVD too.

The Double CD is available now;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/22086.html

The video and DVD are due out in September but you can order now from our Mail Order Department on 020 7367 6580.
Alternatively, click on these links;
DVD ; http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/26000.html
Video ; http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/vc55219.html
 

jonford

Member
WorldofBrass.com said:
'World of Brass' announce what is thought to be the world's first brass band DVD.
Up to now, Highlights of the European Brass Band Championships have only ever been available on CD.
This year, as well as the double CD, there will be a video and a ground-breaking double DVD.

Available in the summer, orders for the CD,video and DVD are now being taken by our Mail Order Department on 020 7367 6580.
A double DVD?! what will b on it? any extra features? :?:
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
European Brass Band Championships 2003

Too early to say exactly what will be on the DVD but expect plenty of the Saturday night gala concert. There were stunning performances by Stavanger Brass Band and the tuba soloist Oystein Baadsvik.
 

dyl

Active Member
Re: European Brass Band Championships 2003

WorldofBrass.com said:
Too early to say exactly what will be on the DVD
Too early to place an order for it then! :wink:
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
Re: European Brass Band Championships 2003

dyl said:
WorldofBrass.com said:
Too early to say exactly what will be on the DVD
Too early to place an order for it then!
Up to you!
If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to be on the DVD then please let us know!
 

dyl

Active Member
Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great idea to have a DVD of the weekend - but I'm not going to place an order for something if I don't know what's to be included on it - I might well purchase it when it comes out if I like the content.

Isn't it a bit late asking for ideas on what to put on it though? The weekend has passed! Wouldn't it be better off giving us an idea of what's been filmed - and which aspects of that we would like on the DVD?

Just a thought.

PS. If only someone did something similar with the Spennymoor contest.
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
dyl said:
Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great idea to have a DVD of the weekend - but I'm not going to place an order for something if I don't know what's to be included on it - I might well purchase it when it comes out if I like the content.

Isn't it a bit late asking for ideas on what to put on it though? The weekend has passed! Wouldn't it be better off giving us an idea of what's been filmed - and which aspects of that we would like on the DVD?

Just a thought.

PS. If only someone did something similar with the Spennymoor contest.
I am sure it must be very difficult selecting what to put on a recording of a live event. Sometimes, an item that is well received in the hall does not come over in the same way when presented just as an audio recording. Equally, a performance with a couple of blips, that you gloss over in a live performance, can grate if heard repeatedly on disc, to say nothing of the possible embarassment to any players concerned.

Personally, I was a little disappointed in the choice of items from the post contest concert last year, which I had pre-ordered, so I shall be reluctant to do so again.
 

LU-Brasser

Member
Re: European Brass Band Championships 2003

WorldofBrass.com said:
dyl said:
WorldofBrass.com said:
Too early to say exactly what will be on the DVD
Too early to place an order for it then!
Up to you!
If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to be on the DVD then please let us know!
It would be nice, if the EYBB is on the DVD...
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
Re: European Brass Band Championships 2003

LU-Brasser said:
It would be nice, if the EYBB is on the DVD...
They certainly are!

Here's the full track list;

Rousseau (European Youth Brass Band)
Aubade (Yorkshire Building Society)
Interview with Torgny Hanson
Revelation (Buy as you View Cory)
Interview with Jappie Dijkstra
Concerto Grosso (Yorkshire Building Society)
Soloist Prize Award
Interview with Marcus S.Bach
Dove Descending (Brass Band Willebroek)
The Kingdom Triumphant (Brottrum Brass)
Contest Results
Interview with David King
Introduction to Apocalypse by David King
Apocalypse (Yorkshire Building Society)
The Carnival of Venice (David Childs)
Tanga (Martin Winter & Eikanger-Bjorsvik)
Gabriels Oboe (Oystein Baardsvik & European Youth Brass Band)
Charivari (Ian Williams & Buy as you View Cory)
Stardust (Chris Thomas & Buy as you View Cory)
African Odyssey (Stavanger Brass Band)
Kongalela (Stavanger Brass Band)
Prelude from Holberg Suite (Yorkshire Building Society)
Interview with Oyvind Storheim
Prelude on Tallis (Buy as you View Cory)
Fnugg (Oystein Baardsvik & Stavanger Brass Band)
Le Corsair (Buy as you View Cory)
Born on the 4th July (Ben Godfrey & Yorkshire Building Society)
Interview with Helga Haukas
Florentine March (European Youth Brass Band)
Reunion & Finale (Yorkshire Building Society)

The DVD will be released at the British Open on Saturday 13th September at Symphony Hall, Birmingham and will cost £19.95.
Alternatively, you can order it now from our website by clicking on this link;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/26000.html
 
I know its to late for this one, but maybe for next time, maybe extras could include - profiles of the bands on the DVD, actually showing the results read out, (to get the audience reaction) and maybe some interviews, conductors ADJUDICATORS etc.

By the way having the contest filmed and on DVD is a brilliant idea. Hope more events can be recorded like this.
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
onedrummeruk said:
I know its to late for this one, but maybe for next time, maybe extras could include - profiles of the bands on the DVD, actually showing the results read out, (to get the audience reaction) and maybe some interviews, conductors ADJUDICATORS etc.

By the way having the contest filmed and on DVD is a brilliant idea. Hope more events can be recorded like this.
The results anouncement is there, but I don't know yet about any reactions to it - my son is buying it for my birthday when we're at the Open!

Incidentally, the 4barsrest review may be found at:
http://www.4barsrest.com/reviews/cds/cdrev096.asp
 

dyl

Active Member
Picked up my copy in Birmingham on Saturday and I can certainly recommend this as an excellent purchase.

The range of content is superb - interviews, test-piece performances, concert items - the whole package gives a great account of the weekend in my opinion. Highlights for me are YBS' performance of Concerto Grosso, the euph duet in Cory's Revelation, Martin Winter's Tanga and Oystein Baardsvik's rendition of Gabriel's Oboe. And for something completely different have a look at Stavanger's African Odyssey.

Well done WorldofBrass - let's hope this is the first of many DVDs - I think it's just what the movement needs.

Any chance of the same for Spennymoor? :wink:
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
dyl said:
Well done WorldofBrass - let's hope this is the first of many DVDs - I think it's just what the movement needs.
Many thanks for your endorsement of this product.
Our next DVD will be from the Eric Ball Centenary Concert featuring Black Dyke and ISB. We hope to have this ready in time for Christmas.
 
Top