Euro 2004. Who are your favourites?

peasantband

This is so to be embarrased! My daughter who is 14 year old Flugel player for my band has the better english than for me and wanted to see tmp.

She however does not know the football and thinks it o be funny for to make me look like the stupid with the last post.

Ah well, without the family the house would be quiet.

Come on team Czech! :wink:

Dave Payn

But WHAT a game on Saturday....... Latvia could have won a classic if only they'd been given a penalty! ;-)

But seriously, the game between Czech Republic and Holland was one that if it came out on video, I would buy! An absolute classic! The Czech's deserve a big pat on the back for not giving up after going two goals down, but at the same time, Dick Advocaat must come from the same school of wacky substitutions as Claudio Ranieri. If Robben had stayed on the field, I reckon the Dutch would have got another goal and killed the game off. I did feel a bit sorry for Edwin van der Sar, who's been a bit of a liability at times in the Premiership but was Holland's best player on Saturday, with some outstanding stops.

It's made me less bothered about the England game tonight, because both the Dutch, Czech Republic, Italy in the first half against Sweden and more besides have all shown a greater technique and passing ability. If England go through (which I'm not convinced about) they won't last past the quarter finals, I reckon. Difficult to call a winner at the moment but the Czech Republic are in with a shout. France might kick into gear at the right time. Italy might for once not rest on a one goal lead. They could be dangerous if they wanted to be!

Still, if England go out, I'll be rooting for the Czechs!

Darth_Tuba

I agree about the Czech Rep. - Holland game. Joy to watch, end to end stuff. I thought a draw would have been a fairer result though, and the refereeing was poor (two fairly harmless challenges resulting in the sending off). Some of the play was fantastic though. Davids and Nedved were good all game, and seem to have mastered the lighter ball better than most (seen many a cross being belted too far in this tournament). Both keepers did well too despite the scoreline!

johnmartin

Well frankly I'm a bit annoyed at that Holland-Czech result. Does this mean that Martin O'Neill was given too much praise for winning two championships from Dick Advocaat's Rangers. Surely, these titles were not won by our on-field dominance but by the fact that Dick Advocaat is a cr*p manager. I'm really disappointed. :D :D

Lucky Beaver said:
Come on Latvia :wink: I thoroughly enjoyed their game against the Czech Rep.

Not to mention their 0-0 draw with Germany! have mocked my German I.C.T. teacher all week :twisted:

But looking at the teams, it seems that only England and France have really played any decent football. But Germany are a dark horse....

dyl

Majoresteve said:
But looking at the teams, it seems that only England and France have really played any decent football. But Germany are a dark horse....
:roll: Only England and France?????????????? Did you not see the Holland/Czech Republic game then? not one team has come close to the performance of those two so far (imo of course!)

As for Germany being a dark horse - did you see their last game? :roll:

Dave Payn

dyl said:
Majoresteve said:
:roll: Only England and France?????????????? Did you not see the Holland/Czech Republic game then? not one team has come close to the performance of those two so far (imo of course!)

As for Germany being a dark horse - did you see their last game? :roll:

Too right, Dyl! If it wasn't for that goon of a referee that is Mike Riley, Latvia would have won. I can't even understand why 'Old Mother' Riley's our representative when Paul Durkin's the best referee in the Premiership by a street!

Up the Latvians!