Euphonium Gig bag..........any recommendations?

Basstiger

I have a 1984 B&H Imperial Euphonium that I have in a new model Tom &Will gigbag. It’s fine, but what do people think are better ones? I have no hard case for it as it came without. I walk to band practice (about 10 minutes) so a gig bag is ideal.
I have looked at the Fusion bags but are they worth the money?
I have a Gig gigbag for my bass trombone which is excellent but they are not made any more.
Your thoughts please.

2nd tenor

I use gig-bags but as the protection they offer is poor to (at best) moderate I don’t particularly like them. However hard cases cost a fortune to replace - if you can find one at all - and they can be very heavy too. If I have a choice then I prefer those gig bags that have shoulder straps to carry the instrument (in) like a ruck-sack, sometimes the (out of use) straps can be concealed in special zipped pockets and that’s a nice feature.

Good luck with the search, it will be interesting to hear what people say too.

Slider1

I use gig-bags but as the protection they offer is poor to (at best) moderate I don’t particularly like them. However hard cases cost a fortune to replace - if you can find one at all - and they can be very heavy too. If I have a choice then I prefer those gig bags that have shoulder straps to carry the instrument (in) like a ruck-sack, sometimes the (out of use) straps can be concealed in special zipped pockets and that’s a nice feature.

Good luck with the search, it will be interesting to hear what people say too.
A strap is only as good as it's fastening's, cheap alloy clips etc. give way under pressure. I used strong plastic ties on my BBb bag, unsightly but safer.

pbirch

Wessex tubas offer one for £90, one of our players has one and he seems happy enough with it