Elland Band Slow Melody and Quartet Contest

samandy

Elland Silver Band are holding their Annual Slow Melody and Quartet Contest on Sunday 9th May, from 10.00am onwards.

Sections for the Slow Melody are as follows:

11 & Under
14 & Under
16 & Under
Open Age
Veterans (over 40)

Sections for the Quartet Contest are:

Junior - Aged 16 & Under
Open - Any Age

Entries are still welcome. Should you require further details please contact Mrs Kathleen Harrison on 01484 717126 or email myself and I will forward you an entry form.

Thanks

Come on everyone get your quartet entries in.
The last two contests we have been to we have been the only senior quartet there, and although I do like winning :D somehow there is no satisfaction when there is no one else there :(

johnmartin

samandy said:
Elland Silver Band are holding their Annual Slow Melody and Quartet Contest on Sunday 9th May, from 10.00pm onwards.
Eek!!! A bit late at night for the young ones to be out don't you think. :shock: :D

asteria

Hilary Mateer said:
The last two contests we have been to we have been the only senior quartet there, and although I do like winning :D somehow there is no satisfaction when there is no one else there :(

Won't be that easy this time Hilary! The BT quartet will be there (possibly very hung-over tho as it's the day after the senior cup!) :D

samandy

Sounds great - a fight on our hands! I spoke to our band secretary last night and we have about 40 entrants in the slow melody and 6 quartets. She is expecting more entries to arrive over the next few days.

Lauradoll

Helen V said:
Hilary Mateer said:

Won't be that easy this time Hilary! The BT quartet will be there (possibly very hung-over tho as it's the day after the senior cup!) :D

And slow melodies! Although they may be very slow if we do well at the Cup malarkey! :?