edward gregson

Rambo Chick

Member
i was wondering if anyone can help me? i want to get hold of a brass band cd featuring the music of Edward Gregson, that includes the piece of music 'Laudate Donimum'

Cheers

Carolyn
Flugel, Yorkshire Co-op
 
There are two CDs in a series featuring his music. The first one is Desford (I think). The second is Black Dyke and includes Laudate Dominum. Can't remember the CD label, but try a search on 4barsrest or Amazon.

Daniel
 

andyp

Active Member
It's also on YBS's "Introduction" CD, which also has "Pageantry" on it.
I have the Dyke CD too, but I prefer YBS's version.
hth
 

NAS

Member
I have a recording(mabye two) that I could let you borrow (my brother plays bass trombone in your band :) ).
Give him a call if you want.
 

Dave Payn

Active Member
Laudate Dominum

andyp said:
It's also on YBS's "Introduction" CD, which also has "Pageantry" on it.
I have the Dyke CD too, but I prefer YBS's version.
hth
I prefer YBS's too (though apparently, they were pulled up by the composer for adding a suspended cymbal roll wot Gregson didn't write! :)

Said CD is on Polyphonic Label (via Studio Music), QPRL 076D. The Dyke recording is on Doyen DOYCD 044 - Gregson Brass Music Vol. 2


Other recordings (I can't vouch for their availability)

Rolls Royce Coventry Band: Tring International GRF 305
Shout Salvation - Kettering Citadel Band - Egon EGNCD 114
Norwegian Brass Band Championships 1997 - Doyen DOYCD63
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
Daniel Sheard said:
There are two CDs in a series featuring his music. The first one is Desford (I think). The second is Black Dyke and includes Laudate Dominum. Can't remember the CD label, but try a search on 4barsrest or Amazon.

Daniel
There's a link to the Dyke cd mentioned, DOY CD 044: http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21886.html

There is also a third volume, played by Faireys, largely of early Gregson works (DOY CD 112).
 

Straightmute

Active Member
Rambo Chick!!!

If you can persuade your dad to cross the road next time he's at work you can borrow my copy!

Hope all is well with you - have a merry one!

Dx
 
Brighouse and Raastrick have also made a recording... Think the album was Convergents.....
I also have one with Brass Band De Vooruitgang Nuenen, but I can't remember where I got it from :oops: .....
 
Mate,

I can tell u hardly go in the university library (prob cos I'm normally with u and we both have better things to do) cos I'm sure that the Black Dyke recording is in there.
Suppose u shud have thought of it b4 term ended thou cos it will b locked away until the 5th of Jan!
What do u need it for? You playin it with co-op?
 

WorldofBrass.com

Active Member
Rambo Chick said:
i was wondering if anyone can help me? i want to get hold of a brass band cd featuring the music of Edward Gregson, that includes the piece of music 'Laudate Donimum'

Cheers

Carolyn
Flugel, Yorkshire Co-op
Wow, people were quick off the mark with this one!
Am I the only tMP member at work today?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Variations on Laudate Dominum was recorded by Black Dyke on a Doyen CD called Gregson Vol.2.
This link gives you details of the track listing;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21886.html

We've also got a couple of recordings of the piece played by Salvation Army bands if this is of interest.
First of all, Norwich Citadel Band on Laudate;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21158.html
Secondly, New York Staff Band on their 2003 UK tour CD, United;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/22095.html

Plenty of choice for this one!
 
Top