Dyke on Millionaire

lynchie

Anyone see the £1000 question on the student special of WWTBAM? What kind of music would you associate with Black Dyke Mills? And they had to ask the audience! I was highly disappointed!

Keppler

Staff member
oh shame..

I was hoping for Dyke playing the theme tune... or actually competing or something..

would be an interesting way of raising funds though...

John.. anyway to get a tMP team in for that? ;)

PeterBale

Staff member
Keppler said:
John.. anyway to get a tMP team in for that? ;)
Judging by the experience at the Open, we'd certainly be alright for the coughing signals :wink: :lol: :lol:

leisa

we should!!! let them no about the wonder!!! hmmm if she came from leeds that would have been unforgivable!

Seedhouse

This thread is making me want to go and preach about brass banding! Lol!
I say we do a mass band job one day, of all the brass bands in GB, in the middle of London in a big glass box dangling from a bridge and maybe we'll get loads of attention....

leisa

yer thennn we could cut off each others ears......just for fun!!! hehe i am going to paint TMP all over the college door hmmmmmm........ :D :p

lynchie

She was at Manchester Uni, but I don't think she was a manc girl... but then, Dyke are internationally famous! ...right?

Moy

leisa said:
i was shoutin at the screen it drove me crazy1!!!! how can u not no that?!?!
There was a similar time on Mastermind when there was a question about The Peatcutters. I actually knew the answer and the guy didn't.

Maxwell Davis was commissioned to write it for the National Youth Brass Band of Scotland and boy do I remember working on it. Was cornet tutor that year.

stephen2001

There was a question on the 5th Anniversary edition of WWTBAM for either £1000 or £2000 where the answer was Flugal Horn.
I can't remember the question or the other three answers, but it was Judith Keppell and David Seaman who struggled at it! I don't think they used a lifeline though!!