Dunston silver band - current vacancies

dave jake

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

Dunston Band have vacancies for front row cornet and trombone.All other
players welcome any time. :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Players wanted Dunston Silver Band

Hi Dave Jake,
Might need a BB player soon if you dont stand and get freezing cold out outside Tescos soon!!!! or the Baltic!!!!
Merry Christmas mate

Timmy The Tuba

Players wanted

Dunston Silver Band

Are looking for players of any standard or age to join our band.

We are well known for our happy , friendly nature ( and an excellent social side) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We practice in a community centre in Dunston, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
in a room which has been specially adapted for brass band use.

We have a junior band which is up and coming and a very able conductor.

If you dont have an instrument, one can be provided.

Any transport problems can also be arranged to the practices which are on a Monday and Wednesday evening bet 7.30pm and 9.30pm.

This band is a joy to be a part of,and one which you will feel a part of very quickly.

The band is within a short travel from Newcastle and Sunderland Universities, so come on down and have a blow, I did and i've never regretted it.

For further details see our website at www.dunstonband.com

Wonky_Baton

We practice in a community centre in Dunston, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear in a room which has been specially adapted for brass band use.

Tim the room has 30 chairs and there is a new cupboard to put the stands and music in. Specially adapted is taking things a bit far :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are friendly and the social side is good though. I do however have a specially adaped belly to store copious amounts of ale. 8)

dave jake

Your honoured Wonky, not everybody has seen inside Timmys cupboard. I ve been warned if he invites you in , to be afraid be very afraid ! :twisted: :twisted:

wonky and dave jake ,

bang goes our specially adapted practice room ploy !!!!!!!! :x

honest to all potential players the practice rooms nice !!!!!!!! :D :D :D

re MY library, be afraid, very afraid to enter.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

of course if your female please enter any time you want and I will guide you through the ups and downs of being a librarian.
:D :oops: :D :roll: :roll: :roll:

sparkling_quavers

hey guys and girls,

you are really selling your band to potential bandsters! (hehe)...

we also have a specially adapted bandsroom.......designated storage area for instrument cases during rehearsal (old snooker table which is out of use from the welfare!)......

we will eventually get out new bandroom...have seen the plans...we are actually gonna be much closer to the bar :roll: 8) :shock: you can't get a bigger improvement than that can you?

PS tim: the 'would u like to step into my office' chat-up line is over-used by band librarians :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigcol

Well I suppose world domination would include doing one over on Gateshead Brass.

Local rivals, eh? Nice to see you to see you nice!!

You've got a better website than us, but that picture of Vezza needs to be a bit bigger ;)

dave jake

Where did you rake that photo out from Colin, what a waste of hair, the things I could do with all that hair. :shock:

bigcol

Ahh yes. That was student Colin. Middle parting, floppy cows lip.

I've seen sense since - I even had my haircut likes yours at one stage. Oh hang on - you don't have a choice!!

Up the Jakeman!

Hi,

Dunston Silver as has been said on many occasions is a happy ,friendly ,social band who welcome evreyone :D

Somewhere out there , there are players who are looking for this type of band, pop along to the practice on a monday or wednesday between 7.30pm and 9.30pm, and see what you are missing, great fun!!!!! :p

P.s
To the friends and members of D.S.B the next social is 25/4/03 starting at the Akenside Pub on the Quayside in Newcastle, early birds start at 4pm then onwards till fally down time. :D :roll:

lipsty

socials

Tim, on the grounds that you didn't go to the last social, I hope you are planning another one.
On a serious note - can I have a look in your cupboard. No really - can I?

Hello Lipsty,

Of course you can look in the cupboard, however there is a form to fill in and of course the booby traps have to be disengaged. The security guard will be off on Monday so that might be the best time to go in. I will be in my usual position ready and waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :roll: :roll:

Oh and P.S

there will be another social, however i got double booked on the last night out so couldnt go , hope you lot had a great time!!! :D

lipsty

positions

I'm not sure what your usual position is - maybe I should ask Dave. Or is that another position altogether?
Hopefully you can help me find what I am looking for!