Dundee Predictions ?

EbHorny

Well, I'm sure it's going to be a close run thing, with some very happy peeps, and some very sad peeps.

If every band plays as well as they can do, then there will be no complaining!

Up the scottish bands though, woo hoo!

deave

Andy_Euph said:
Andy Holmes on top cornet
Slimsly is a slacker...they've got no chance!! haha

Only kidding, I went to school in Horden..come on the north east massive!!!

Cornishwomble

I fancy Lanner in the second section, especially after hearing them at Bugle (and having a soft spot for the band that taught me to play).
Mind that's if they don't all get arrested first after mooning at the Dundee web camera!

Interesting to hear of the bands who people reckon will be in with a shout for the prizes. Not many Southern bands seem to be in the reckoning?

There is a 1st section band in Hampshire who have the following record in the last 7 years - 2 National Finals Titles, qualified for the Finals in 5 out of 7 years, promoted from 4th to top section (as from next year) in 6 years. By the way, Melvin White is conducting them at Dundee.

Every band is only as good as their next result - so it will be an interesting weekend!

Heather

I expect there will be loads of bands of a very high standard and its just who manages to impress the adjudicators on the day.
I honestly can't see that there can be anyone who is favourite as there are so many excellent bands there.
Good Luck to everyone...but not as much luck as to my Band!

Tromgod

Thanks for your comments Roy. Lanner will be trying their best at Dundee and we have plenty of practices to fit in before the contest next week.

The piece, although easy at first glance, has hidden depths and ,as with all Eric Ball stuff, will require a very musical performance to win. A difficult one to adjudicate me thinks!

We just hope that we make it to the contest and don't get arrested for mooning on the webcam!!!

The Judge

Quite a few bands with a long journey ahead, eh? We've got 4 hours on a ferry and then about 6 hours on a coach. Wonder what we'll do to pass the time??

IanHeard

1.[/b] St. Dennis (southeners.. but I think theyre decent)

These "Southerners" are the current 4th section National Champions so they were "decent" enough to beat the best the North could offer last year!
I think you need to employ a slightly less patronising tone.
Ian Heard.

satchmo shaz

let's face it guys, any band going to Dundee has had to work to get there and they..... (we) are all winners :wink: so good luck to all, especially tMP ers! 8) see you in the bar after the results! :guiness

Roger Thorne

My sentiments exactly Sharon.

Any band that gets a result at their area and qualifies for the National Finals has, in my opinion, achieved 90% of their original target - getting to the Nationals. Even at this stage they are already winners and 'The Best' in their Area. To represent your area at a National competition, knowing that you are already one of the best 20 or so bands in the country, is in itself a great achievement.

Obvisouly to get a result at the Nationals is the icing on the cake. But let's leave it to the adjudicators to decide who is actually the best.

Good luck to you all.

:wink:

you've said it all Roger, good luck everyone. I only stay about an hour and a half away so hope to get through to listen, our band not managing to acheive the first 90% but there is always next year. I also want to find out what the test piece will be next year so will probably see some tmpers in the bar, even though I will be drinking soft drinks......honest.

JEZ@LADSB

Tromgod said:
Thanks for your comments Roy. Lanner will be trying their best at Dundee and we have plenty of practices to fit in before the contest next week.

The piece, although easy at first glance, has hidden depths and ,as with all Eric Ball stuff, will require a very musical performance to win. A difficult one to adjudicate me thinks!

We just hope that we make it to the contest and don't get arrested for mooning on the webcam!!!
Barry we've told you before the mooning comes after we have played! Any way those that are predicting the second section results in my humble opinion are talking out of their bottoms!
Thanks Roy for the recognition. We did win the Southwest regionals for those that have forgotten.

sparkling_quavers

JEZ@LADSB said:
Any way those that are predicting the second section results in my humble opinion are talking out of their bottoms!
Thanks Roy for the recognition. We did win the Southwest regionals for those that have forgotten.
Hi Jez, don't take these predictions too seriously! As I said people pick bands that they have heard of/are local around them as they are the band they know the histories of. Wishing you all luck in Dundee! you never know what is going to happen on the day!

JEZ@LADSB

sparkling_quavers said:
Hi Jez, don't take these predictions too seriously! As I said people pick bands that they have heard of/are local around them as they are the band they know the histories of. Wishing you all luck in Dundee! you never know what is going to happen on the day!
I'm not taking the predictions seriously I was only trying to stir things up a bit. :lol: :lol: As you say it is all down to the performance on the day. Good luck to all bands that are taking part. See you all there.