Duets for Euphonium and Soprano

WelshEuphNatty

Thinking of doing something corny and entering a duet competion with hubby.

Sooo does anyone know of any nice Sop / Euph duets out there?

thanks

Natalie
2nd Euph Ratby Co-operative Band
Leics

Griffin

ive not heard any (but that doesnt mean there isnt!!) I think that Andrew Lloyd Webber one from the Phantom of The Opera 'All I Ask of You' (maybe) is a Euph & Bb Cornet duet, I reacon that could easily be transposed for Eb Sop.
Again - not sure - should have researched it really!
Good Luck anyway!

Griffin

Doh!
In Grandfather's Clock by Geo. Doughty there is a Soli part with Sop & Euph at the beginning... then the Euph carries on with the twiddly bits!

RatbyPhil

Nat,

I personally think that you would be better off doing a B Flat cornet and euph duet with the far better looking chap that lives across the road from you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

flugelgal

RatbyPhil said:
Nat,

I personally think that you would be better off doing a B Flat cornet and euph duet with the far better looking chap that lives across the road from you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Somehow I get the feeling that you might live across from Nat.. No idea where I got that idea from. :roll: Just call me psychic! :wink:

Red Elvis

There's an SA piece called "I'll not turn back" (by Ivor Bosanko I think but its been a few years since I looked at it ) , again scored for Euph and Bflat cornet , but easily adjustable. Generally lyrical, but with some nice high work for the solo parts.Also heard a recording by an SA band (again , a while back , may have been Regent Hall but I could be wrong ) of the old Phil Catelinet duet "Deliverance" (more of your trad theme and variations), played on cornet and Euph ( a bit of tinkering from the original version ).Both published by SP&S , and also "Deliverance" used to be available with a piano accompaniment.

skweeky

dont it make my brown eyes blue is score for a tenor horn and flugel but im sure it would work OK on a sop and euph. althogh im not sure whether the high soprano would sound wierd on the lower part lol.

i am currently looking for one aswel...