Duet For Cornet and Sop??!!!

IckleSop

Leisa and I have decided to play a duet but we dont have a clue what to do??!!! We dont want something cheesy like Two For Tops or something as common as Two commards can anyone help???

The first one which springs to my mind for Sop + Bb cornet is:

The Flower Duet by Bizet (used by BA for their ads)
Arranged by Gorgon Langford, published by Chandos.

HTH

Janet

:idea: Would it work as a Bass Duet?!?!!? :idea:

Maestro

I believe the xylophone duet, the two imps, has been done for cornets.
No idea who by though, or who is the publisher. Sorry, thats all I can think of that's original anyway.

markyboy

How about 'Pie Jesu'?
I know its written for sop and flugel but it works just as well with cornet instead.

Straightmute

Maestro said:
I believe the xylophone duet, the two imps, has been done for cornets.
No idea who by though, or who is the publisher. Sorry, thats all I can think of that's original anyway.
Two Imps is by Kenneth Alford and was published by Boosey's I think. It's still available and in the Just Music catalogue.

Works best on xylo's though...

D

PeterBale

Staff member
In the Salvation Army repertoire there is an excellent duet for soprano and Bb cornet by Erik Leidzen entitled "The Cleansing Stream".

flashbarry

Frank Bryce composed a duet for two sops entitled Scherzophrenia for the Virtuoso Band of Great Britain. Kirklees publish it with the second sop part as an optional Bb cornet part. It sounds really good and is something different.

I think that Pie Jesu or the Flower Duet it is such a nice tune and it would so suit sop and Bb cornet.

Anyway whatever you do Good Luck.

lov lilcornetgirl

Johan

Hi there,

Looking for music??? Choose a piece of work and I will arrange it for you.
Look for any of my "results" at http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/JohanDokter

My motto: anything is posible

ju33les

Leisa, someone we both know is currently sulking because u haven't asked him to do an arrangement for u!! :?

IckleSop

Yeah I told you that was a good duet, ive hurd peter roberts and brian evans play it!!!! Pie jesus :) yeah maybe!!!!

rutribal

sparkling_quavers said:
ju33les said:
Leisa, someone we both know is currently sulking because u haven't asked him to do an arrangement for u!! :?
Just don't let him write a glock part in it! :shock:
Or a sop part, unless I get some rests lol

Tim I be messing, keep up the great work. Just remember we'll save it for That There Rainy Day.