Downloadable Manuscript Paper

GJG

Seriously, it's worth pointing out that the "Linkwaregraphics" website downloadable m/s paper is formatted in 8.5" x 11" (which is a 'standard' US paper size, equivalent to (but not the same as) our A4 paper) Now, I'm certainly not an expert in this field, but I don't think it's possible to re-size for printing if you only have the free Adobe Viewer. Having said all that, mind, it will probably still print OK, but with odd margins.

G.

I was giving a lesson the other day and needed to write an excercise out for the pupil. Could I find any manuscript paper? Could I **%*!"$(*%.

I've gotten so used to using Sibelius for writing everything that I don't posses manuscript any more!! (I think the last time I had any was back in 1990 . . . just before I got Sibelius 6 for the Acorn!).

I ended up drawing the stave by hand!!

GJG

Mike Saville said:
I was giving a lesson the other day and needed to write an excercise out for the pupil. Could I find any manuscript paper? Could I **%*!"$(*%.

I've gotten so used to using Sibelius for writing everything that I don't posses manuscript any more!! (I think the last time I had any was back in 1990 . . . just before I got Sibelius 6 for the Acorn!).

I ended up drawing the stave by hand!!
After getting caught out in similar situations on a few occasions, I even went to the trouble of creating and printing some blank m/s paper using Finale, so that I could carry a few sheets around in my cases.

Bit bizzare, when you think about it; using a top-of-the-range, (expensive!) notational software package to create paper to handwrite music on..............

G.

amgray

GJG said:
Seriously, it's worth pointing out that the "Linkwaregraphics" website downloadable m/s paper is formatted in 8.5" x 11" (which is a 'standard' US paper size, equivalent to (but not the same as) our A4 paper) Now, I'm certainly not an expert in this field, but I don't think it's possible to re-size for printing if you only have the free Adobe Viewer. Having said all that, mind, it will probably still print OK, but with odd margins.

G.
The downloadable zip file (manuscript_paper.zip) contains 4 pdf files, one of which is titled "manuscript_paper1_8.5x11.pdf".
This prints out a 12 stave A4 sheet of manuscript fine!!!

Honest :shock: :shock: :shock:

Naomi McFadyen

not sure Iain but there is software you can get...
"the music manuscript kit"... I have it. Will lend it you to see what you think of it.

Besides, you do have Sibelius... just print it off from that :p;-)

Dave Payn

If you want to create anything from 1 to 12 stave, go to Microsoft Word, enable MS Line Draw and do it yourself by clicking and dragging a few times! Only takes a few minutes (I've done it myself!) and as far as I'm aware, there's no copyright on drawing lines!

Hope this helps (!)

hey heres a challenge

hehe,
i write my music (hmmn if you can call it that) by hand, i try any way, most of the time i make it all up, i mean its real tunes i just erm well add bits in (you see i havnt been brought up with the right musical knowledge but i have a good go at writtin it)
Would any band be willing to have a go at seeing if my musical genious is true?
now theres a challenge,

Rob

and how much is this sillabus thing?