Doing ABRSM Grades

Aidan

yeah do some theory :)
then you'll be able to knit me a tenor clef ;)

i found it useful.. only did up2 grade 5, and it was years ago.. but it all sticks with you.

cornetgirl

Well, I can be said to be something of a veteran of the ABRSM exam system, having sat 2 theory exams (5 & 8) and 22 practical ones in my quest for 5 Grade 8 Distinctions!

It certainly helps with your performance skills - there is nothing more nerve-wracking than a ferocious looking examiner with a headache who really does NOT want to hear the Haydn trumpet concerto - but the certificate coming through the post makes it all worth while!

Rach x

asteria

Nadia said:
yeah do some theory :)
then you'll be able to knit me a tenor clef ;)

Hehe, i'm sure Hitomi can teach me how to knit you one, i'll make you an origami scale run while i'm at it!! :D

asteria

Lauradoll said:
Ha ha or an origami zoo!!! I've still got mine on top of the telly!!!

Yay cool! I used to have an origami t-shirt she made out of a train ticket on the way to band but i lost it :cry:

We went into manchester last night for a Mexican and got onto the subject of animal noises in other languages. Apparently in Japanese Horses go “heehee”, pigs go “booboo” and frogs go “kirokiro”!!! Bizarre culture!!

Didn’t you do your piano grades this year? Which one you doing now?

Keppler

Staff member
equally bizzare conversation if you ask me ;)

nice recovery to return to topic though, I'll give you that..

asteria

Keppler said:
equally bizzare conversation if you ask me ;)

nice recovery to return to topic though, I'll give you that..
Hehe, thanks, thought seen as i was the one who got it off topic i should return it back to it's rightful place before i got told off!! (although technically Aidan started it!)

Aidan

lies all lies :oops:

I've still got a swan and a rabbit that Hitomi made :) genius-girl!

back on topic :p
rach!!!!! You realise you've spent well over 600 quid on 5 bits of paper!!!! No wonder theyre cutting the rainforests down! ;)

asteria

Nadia said:
rach!!!!! You realise you've spent well over 600 quid on 5 bits of paper!!!! No wonder theyre cutting the rainforests down! ;)
Blimey!! :shock: How much do they cost to take?! Might just learn the theory and not bother with the exams if that's the case, i'll forge my own certificates!

I'm sitting grade 5 theory on November 6 and it cost £21.00 and practical will cost £35.00, so not that expensive really, only a couple of nights out really and at least you have something to show for it rather than a sore head!!!!

cornetgirl

Nope... I didn't spend 600 squid...Bradford Education Authority used to pay your exam fees for grades 5 upwards! So that saved me rather a lot of money! Did have to pay for the piano ones tho...in temper - my dad taught me piano and boy did we fight!!!

Rach x

cornetgirl

Actually, just thinkin about it I'd have spent less any way as I did my first exam in 1984 and the last in 1995.Any of our resident boffins up for a challenge?

If you want, I'll PM a volunteer (AKA boffin with nowt better to do) the exams I did in which years and you can work it out, bearing in mind inflation etc!

The gauntlet is down....which sad oops sorry clever person will take it up?

Rach x