Disappearing postings

PeterBale

Staff member
I am beginning to wonder if something sinister is going on. The following was posted by valvecap this morning, but has not appeared on the relevant page:

Forum: The Rehearsal Room Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:33 am Subject: What band do you play for?
Principal cornet, east yorkshire brass - most of the time

just got a nasty habit of cropping up in various other bands.... [quote/]

A similar thing happened when we were due to start the previous new page on this topic, and does this mean this topic is now getting unmanageable, and needs to be split up? The previously posting referred to appeared once the next person posted, so maybe the same will happen with this one.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi Peter

No idea as to what's happened there sorry. I'll take a look into it for you. Nothing sinister going on from my point of view though! :shock:

John

Roger Thorne

I can see what Peter means.

Valvecaps posting should have started page 18. But page 18 was not available. I placed a posting after Valvecaps and page 18 appeared. I Deleted my post and Valvecaps disappeared too.

:?

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Roger Thorne said:

Valvecaps posting should have started page 18. But page 18 was not available. I placed a posting after Valvecaps and page 18 appeared. I Deleted my post and Valvecaps disappeared too.

Roger - I can see the page though!!! hmmm... what's happening huh?

Keppler

Staff member
Looks like a bug in the forum software

If you look at John's link above, you'll see that it's on Page 18 of 17

so the post actually exists in the database, but the paging seems to be screwed up a bit. If a new posting is made after this one, they will likely both appear. - as what happened when Roger posted.

As I said, seems to be a software bug - perhaps one of the issues dealt with in that new version John?

Peter - nothing sinister going on here.. I can assure you of that!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Neal

I think you're right sir! thanks.

Peter

I'm going to report this as a bug in the software I use here on theMouthPiece.com to the developers. As soon as I here as to what the issue(s) are, I'll report it back here. In the meantime, it does appear to be working...

PeterBale

Staff member
TheMusicMan said:
Roger Thorne said:

Roger - I can see the page though!!! hmmm... what's happening huh?
Following your link on the previous posting works, but if you notice it is listed as Page 18 of 17!!!! If you go into Rehearsal Room and then try the topic heading there is still nothing showing. I read the initial posting by clicking on valvecap and tracing his posts. Must be a gremlin in the system - maybe one of the other forums is jealous!

Straightmute

I've seen this a couple of times now. If you know a posting is there but can't access it, click 'reply' and the message will appear below the reply box.

Just a software glitch I guess...I've managed not to lose sleep over it.

D

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Keppler said:
As I said, seems to be a software bug - perhaps one of the issues dealt with in that new version John?
Neal - Yep, I am reliably informed from one of the Support Team at phpBB that this issue is adressed in 2.0.4 - phew..... thank goodness for that. Now all I have to do is upgrade.... aaarrgggghhhhhh