Diggle Quickstep March Contest

Ali

Here are the results from the Diggle contest held on Saturday 3rd July.

Best Youth Band: Boarshurst

Best 3rd or 4th Section Band: Boarshurst

Hymn: 1) Glossop Old
2) Silkeborg (Denmark)
3) Dobcross Silver

Best Cornet: Glossop Old

March: 1) Dobcross Silver
2) Glossop Old
3) Ashton-Under-Lyne Band

Best Basses: Dobcross Silver

Adjudicator: D Beckley

barkiniron

Congratulations to Janet a.k.a. Strongbow :wink: for winning the cornet medal. Also, congratulations to DobX - I thought it was close between you and Glossop for the overall march.

As always this was a well run contest, it was just a pity that there seemed to be less spectators this year (this is just based on my observations after several pints and is not in the least bit scientific). :shock:
However, this was probably due to the weather being a little Pearl Harbor-ish (there was definately a Nip in the air). :lol:

strongbow

barkiniron said:
Congratulations to Janet a.k.a. Strongbow :wink: for winning the cornet medal. Also, congratulations to DobX - I thought it was close between you and Glossop for the overall march.

As always this was a well run contest, it was just a pity that there seemed to be less spectators this year (this is just based on my observations after several pints and is not in the least bit scientific). :shock:
However, this was probably due to the weather being a little Pearl Harbor-ish (there was definately a Nip in the air). :lol:

:tup Ta muchly, it was totally brass monkey weather, I thought I saw the Titanic go past at one stage!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.