Degeneration of banding today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianroberts

WOW ! I hope that was a 'tongue-in-cheek' remark Mr Roberts, (I'm sure it was) otherwise you have done a great disservice to the male sex. May I suggest you put on your cloth cap and take your whippet for a walk ? Burn off a little of that vitriol, give the poor girl a break!

Of course it was tongue in cheek ! how would we get by without women in bands ? think about it for a moment

Who would be librarian ?
Who would wash the Uniforms?
Who would make the sarnies on contest day ?
need I go on ? probably not actualy (tin hat on)

Of course it was tongue in cheek ! how would we get by without women in bands ? think about it for a moment

Who would be librarian ?
Who would wash the Uniforms?
Who would make the sarnies on contest day ?
need I go on ? probably not actualy (tin hat on)
I think we get the picture.

DRW

Almost a different thread but particularly in lower section bands the committee can often include parents who have had or do have children in the band, great when it comes to fundraising but not so great when they start trying to dictate what the band should or shouldn't be doing? Add to that a registered charity and legal obligations to ensure public benefit which will include access policy, equality and diversity policy and safeguarding... to name but a few.

This should be a case where the BFBB or EFBB are called upon to mediate.

Also great for when a more impartial view is needed to be the voice of reason when emotions are running high.

Thirteen Ball

Until there's some detail about what the actual issue is this thread's just a long, rambling waste of everyone's time which does no-one involved any favours.

If the OP was so concerned about legal matters that they couldn;t give any detail regarding the situation, then they shouldn't have started the thread in the first place.

It will serve no purpose until someone clarifies what the actual issue is, so allow me to repeat that I hope the mods lock it, sooner rather than later.

DRW

Until there's some detail about what the actual issue is this thread's just a long, rambling waste of everyone's time which does no-one involved any favours.

If the OP was so concerned about legal matters that they couldn;t give any detail regarding the situation, then they shouldn't have started the thread in the first place.

It will serve no purpose until someone clarifies what the actual issue is, so allow me to repeat that I hope the mods lock it, sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Although it just goes to show how band politics a) are something we have all painfully experienced, b) are difficult not to get dragged into even when not directly involved, and most importantly c) steal many, many minutes / hours of precious life.

Sonorous

100% agree Andi. In fact I'd suggest that the OP retrieves a little dignity and shows that she actually does have the band's interests at heart by asking the mouthpiece to delete the thread (before too many people become aware of Stone Band's apparent 'darker side', or KateJ's desire to set the world against them).

WoodenFlugel

Staff member

Agreed, so I'm locking this thread. If me, or any other moderator receives adequate reason to re-open this thread (via PM please) then we will, otherwise it'll stay locked.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.

Status
Not open for further replies.