Degeneration of banding today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonorous

I think what is bothering people on here is that the cancer could spread from one band to another. No not Kate's moving to another band. In several walks of life at the moment I know of people who are not happy unless there is a soap opera type plot. I only hope that this is not begining to infect banding

Very true. I've seen this several times before. Certain people just feel the need to lurch from crisis to crisis. It's the Jeremy Kyle effect haha

Edit: In my experience, it's best for a band (or any group) to keep clear of these people, and when they do decide to call foul for the second time that week, don't rise to it, just walk away and let them stew in a pot of their own indignation. If I knew the person I'd just walk away. As I'm completely unconnected I'm wondering if it's possible to ever get through to them what they're doing, or if they simply will never see it.

Last edited:

truckingtuba

well sonorous I agree that its becoming a farce with the imput from some members making unhelpful comments but as for war WOULDN'T U FIGHT FOR SOMETHING YOU CARE ABOUT or should we all just let these things run there course and let another band just vanish for good

cornyandy

Truckingtuba I think we would all fight for what we cared about (no need to shout at Sonorous BTW) the problem is KateJ is giving us no real idea of the problem and expecting us to come up with a solution or at least lend our support then hiding behind a legal shout when questioned. thus the thread has become a bit of a farce

Last edited:
As ever it seems that posters have descended to personal insults. The thread began with a person airing her grievance after what had clearly been a distressing evening.
Why do people on this forum always have to be so insulting? ...... "this band would be better without her" ......... "I feel sorry for the rest of the band"

Sonorous

well sonorous I agree that its becoming a farce with the imput from some members making unhelpful comments but as for war WOULDN'T U FIGHT FOR SOMETHING YOU CARE ABOUT or should we all just let these things run there course and let another band just vanish for good

Ok truckingtuba, I would absolutely agree with you on this.. Could you do me a favour though please so we could help you fight for what you care about?....

Tell me... what exactly is it you're fighting about?!! I've asked Kate several times, and so have many others. But no response. That's the point!!

Do you get it? No?..... nor do we!!

Sonorous

As ever it seems that posters have descended to personal insults. The thread began with a person airing her grievance after what had clearly been a distressing evening.
Why do people on this forum always have to be so insulting? ...... "this band would be better without her" ......... "I feel sorry for the rest of the band"

Very specifically in an effort to get through to her that just ranting on a public forum (and dragging a band's name into disrepute) without giving any details of what it's all about, simply isn't on, and shouldn't be tolerated.

cornyandy

I think having empathy for the rest of the band in this situation is not unkind name calling it is a fair response when it appears only one side of a complicated story is being heard. In the absence of a real debate maybe we should all "shut up until somone puts up" but unfortunately that's not human nature so we are drawing our own conclusions, rightly or wrongly.

AndrewL

I am begining to feel sorry for the other memebrs of the Stone Town Band who are having their laundry, Clean, Dirty or a bit mucky aired on a public forum. It may be time for the Moderators to have a look at this thread before something Libelous is "said" which may land TMP with bad press

I totally agree with cornyandy. If you are not happy with the way the band has handled things the only action that will get any results is talking to the people concerned. I do not know who is to blame for the situation that you find yourself in but I do know that this will not be sorted out in this forum. The only result of this thread is that it will reflect badly on both sides.

Very specifically in an effort to get through to her that just ranting on a public forum (and dragging a band's name into disrepute) without giving any details of what it's all about, simply isn't on, and shouldn't be tolerated.

She didn't. Nor she she personally abuse anybody, as several have done (as ever).
Too many sanctimonious know-alls on here.

Last edited:

Ianroberts

I am actually surprised that she still appears to be a member (did you get a satisfactory answer to your thread about what constitutes a member Kate?) - many bands would see such postings as bringing the band into disrepute, being disruptive and undermining. Bands don't need to keep this kind of person in their team; it's like a cancer that spreads and should be dealt with swiftly. I shan't bite my tongue - irrespective of other things that must have gone on to lead to all this I would sack her!!!! If you can't stand the heat Kate - get out of the kitchen! :mad:

And when she is sacked, no Band in the Northern hemesphere would touch her with a barge pole, who needs the hassle ?

Kate, youve done your self no favours airing your veiws on here, they smack of "I dont like a committee descision so I'll drum up support on TMP" (though I defend your right to think you have been hard done by), just a thought, can you play darts ? cos I think thats going to be the extent of your hobbies for a long time !!

Chris Hicks

She definitely has dragged the bands name into disrepute, it's not hard to find out which band she plays for, and by not giving everyone the full extent of what's happened it now reflects badly upon her and the band.

Blower

I think Kate has realised the error of her ways starting this and should be commended for not getting in deeper trying to defend the initial rant.

Often committee and hence chair get elected purely on the basis that nobody else wants to do it, doesn't mean they are right for the job and always know best!!

marc71178

Often committee and hence chair get elected purely on the basis that nobody else wants to do it, doesn't mean they are right for the job and always know best!!

Well if that is the case (which it may or may not be in this case) then people cannot complain about the way they make decisions.

Blower

Almost a different thread but particularly in lower section bands the committee can often include parents who have had or do have children in the band, great when it comes to fundraising but not so great when they start trying to dictate what the band should or shouldn't be doing? Add to that a registered charity and legal obligations to ensure public benefit which will include access policy, equality and diversity policy and safeguarding... to name but a few.

This should be a case where the BFBB or EFBB are called upon to mediate.

Geesh, women in bands eh ! Us fellas have said for years no good will come from it !!

(tin hat on)
WOW ! I hope that was a 'tongue-in-cheek' remark Mr Roberts, (I'm sure it was) otherwise you have done a great disservice to the male sex. May I suggest you put on your cloth cap and take your whippet for a walk ? Burn off a little of that vitriol, give the poor girl a break!

youngman

Almost a different thread but particularly in lower section bands the committee can often include parents who have had or do have children in the band, great when it comes to fundraising but not so great when they start trying to dictate what the band should or shouldn't be doing? Add to that a registered charity and legal obligations to ensure public benefit which will include access policy, equality and diversity policy and safeguarding... to name but a few.

This should be a case where the BFBB or EFBB are called upon to mediate.

Something positive to think about.
The thread seems to have drifted off the point somewhat so its good to have some constructive ideas.

Laserbeam bass

Something positive to think about.
The thread seems to have drifted off the point somewhat so its good to have some constructive ideas.

To be perfectly blunt, the thread never had a point to drift off from. So whilst it good to have some constructive ideas, it could be better served if this discussion took place via a pm or email chain. That way the alleged aggrieved party/parties may actually achieve something, due to being able to speak freely, and without causing the rest of the community to second guess anything that may, or may not, have happened in, or outside of, the Stone Town Band, Band Room.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.

Status
Not open for further replies.