Dance Sequence

lynchie

Does anyone know where I could find a recording of this trombone solo? I've started looking at it and it would be nice if I had some idea if my tempos were right... :oops:

MRSH

Supporting Member
lynchie said:
Does anyone know where I could find a recording of this trombone solo? I've started looking at it and it would be nice if I had some idea if my tempos were right... :oops:
If it's the Gareth Wood piece you're talking about it's on Faireys CD 'Double Champions' played by Brett Baker. You can buy it HERE

lynchie

ScrapingtheBottom said:
WorldofBrass.com said:

Exactly.

BTW lynchie you wouldn't be practicing this one up for
Pontins?

heeeellll no! Thinking of using it for something early next year, but it's all in the development stages... very hush hush... :roll:

anyway, thanks for all the help everyone! I'll look into buying myself a cd! :D

ps. does anyone else who has played it think the notes are far too small???

craigster

Intrada Brass (Canada) just released a CD called "The Transatlantic" with Dance sequence played by Al Kay. Al is perhaps the top pro jazz/studio/show trombone player in Canada and is most renowned as being the lead trombone in Rob McConnell's Boss Brass.

If you want to hear a very different interpretation of this solo than you would hear on most English recordings I recommend this one. He also does a killer arrangement of Londonderry Air. I played principal trombone on the CD and it was just such a treat to accompany Al.

The good news is that my friends at World of Brass do have this CD.

Craig

WorldofBrass.com

craigster said:
Intrada Brass (Canada) just released a CD called "The Transatlantic" with Dance sequence played by Al Kay. Al is perhaps the top pro jazz/studio/show trombone player in Canada and is most renowned as being the lead trombone in Rob McConnell's Boss Brass.

If you want to hear a very different interpretation of this solo than you would hear on most English recordings I recommend this one. He also does a killer arrangement of Londonderry Air. I played principal trombone on the CD and it was just such a treat to accompany Al.

The good news is that my friends at World of Brass do have this CD.

Craig
Apologies for overlooking this recording earlier, I must get my track list document re-sorted!
Other soloists on this new release from Intrada Brass include Russell Gray and Melvyn Bathgate;
http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21300.html

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.