1 - St Sebastian Wokingham - 78
2 - Sandhurst Silver - 75
3 - Hangleton - 74

Highest unplaced youth/3rd section band - Mayfield
Highest Placed Youth Band - Chichester Youth Brass
Best Soloist - Soprano - St Sebastian Wokingham
Best Trombone Section - St Sebastian Wokingham
Best Compere/Conductor - St Sebastian Wokingham

Well done to everyone and especially St Sebastian Wokingham!

louise0502

not sure. weren't placed. but then again nor were we. is there anyone out there who stuck around long enough to get the full results?

MRSH

Supporting Member
B Section - I know (think!!!!!!) Oxted were 8th

A Section

1st = Lindjberg (sp!!)
2nd = Friary Guildford (Yea - Go Friary, Go Friary!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) )
3rd = Staines

Best Soloist - Alder Valley
Best March - Friary Guildford (Ditto - the above)

Accidental

Supporting Member
Woo hoo!!

Didn't hear the Belgians (I can't spell it either :lol: ) but apparently they were fab, so don't mind them beating us. We've won the march prize 3 years in a row now - does that mean we get to keep the cup?! :lol:

Huge thanks to Gareth (GJG) and MrsH :D

MRSH

Supporting Member
WhatSharp? said:
Was good to bump into a few tMPers : Nigel at MMI, MRSH & Accidental
I "bumped" in to Trigger whilst setting up/taking down percussion gear.

Unfortunately, didn't get to speak to Dan - missed each other again :!: :!: although you do build a mean a drum kit :D :wink: :D

Dave Payn

WhatSharp? said:
Well done Friary.

And I bumped into you, Steve! ;-) Listen, I know it's getting a habit with me playing at rehearsals and concerts with YWD... 8) :lol:

Didn't bump into any others 'cos after a weekend of two jobs, a rehearsal and a contest over the weekend, I was ready to drop!

I should say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed guesting for YWD at the Winston Churchill Hall in Ruislip on Saturday. Both band and choir (Jubilate Ladies) were on fine form throughout and I forgot, Steve, to congratulate you and Dave on a mellifluous Pie Jesu duet!

And if there are any Sandhurst Silver Band on here, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with you for Crawley and the preceding rehearsals! Band gave a very good account of themselves. Both YWD and Sandhurst have been making a habit of this in contests in recent years, and it is obvious in their performances that both are brimming with confidence! Thanks to both bands for having me!

Cheers

Accidental

Supporting Member
Dave Payn said:
Didn't bump into any others 'cos after a weekend of two jobs, a rehearsal and a contest over the weekend, I was ready to drop!

Awwww Dave, and I was beginning to think that you're either fictional, or avoiding me! (what's Alan been saying?) :lol:

Dave Payn

Accidental said:
Dave Payn said:

Awwww Dave, and I was beginning to think that you're either fictional, or avoiding me! (what's Alan been saying?) :lol:

Fictional, definitely! ;-)

WhatSharp?

Dave Payn said:
WhatSharp? said:
Well done Friary.

And I bumped into you, Steve! ;-) Listen, I know it's getting a habit with me playing at rehearsals and concerts with YWD... 8) :lol:

I should say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed guesting for YWD at the Winston Churchill Hall in Ruislip on Saturday. Both band and choir (Jubilate Ladies) were on fine form throughout and I forgot, Steve, to congratulate you and Dave on a mellifluous Pie Jesu duet!

And if there are any Sandhurst Silver Band on here, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with you for Crawley and the preceding rehearsals! Band gave a very good account of themselves. Both YWD and Sandhurst have been making a habit of this in contests in recent years, and it is obvious in their performances that both are brimming with confidence! Thanks to both bands for having me!

Cheers

And many thanks for helping us out!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, TBH the band is going great at the moment and I had a great time Saturday night, can't remember when I've enjoyed a concert as much (mind you the audience helped, they were terrific).

The Belgians were superb - congratulations to them retaining the trophy they won last year. Incredible to think they're only graded as 1st Section in Belgium :shock:

Hopefully one of our Championship section bands will stop them doing the hat -trick next year. :D

Accidental

Supporting Member
Full results from SCABA:

SECTION B

1. St. Sebastian Wokingham, 78
2. Sandhurst Silver, 75
3. Hangleton, 74
4. Mayfield, 68
5. Chichester Youth Brass, 66
6. Amersham, 65
7. Solent Youth, 63
8. Oxted, 62
9. Egham Junior Brass, 60

Highest unplaced 3rd Section Band: Mayfield – Roy Fuller
Highest placed Youth Band: Chichester Youth Brass
Best Soloist: Richard Marley – Sop – St. Sebastian Wokingham
Best Trombone Section: St. Sebastian Wokingham
Best Compere: Bruce Gentry – St. Sebastian Wokingham

SECTION A

1. Noord Limburgse Brassband, 93
2. Friary Guildford, 90
3. Staines Brass, 87
4. Alder Valley Brass, 84
5. Chichester City, 83
6. Brighton Silver, 82
7. Wantage Silver, 81
8. Epsom & Ewell Silver, 73

Highest unplaced 1st section band: Alder Valley Brass – Neil Skipper
Best soloist: Vibraphone – Alder Valley Brass
Best performed March: Friary Guildford – Keith Maxwell

Breakdown of points: Music = 60, Entertainment value = 30, Deportment/presentation = 10

(We'll try harder next year Alan! :wink: )

Trigger

MRSH said:
WhatSharp? said:
I "bumped" in to Trigger whilst setting up/taking down percussion gear.

Unfortunately, didn't get to speak to Dan - missed each other again :!: :!: although you do build a mean a drum kit :D :wink: :D

Hello, I've been told to call you Mrs H :lol: by none other than accidental. :wink: Good day and results seemed pretty good to me, well considering I only heard 1 band. Nice to have met you MRSH :D

MRSH

Supporting Member
Trigger said:
Hello, I've been told to call you Mrs H :lol: by none other than accidental. :wink:
Hee-Hee. She's a cheeky mare. Did you think I was a bit of a woman then :oops: 8) :oops: 8)

Trigger said:
Nice to have met you MRSH :D
You too Trigger.

the fish

A poor day for us!

Wasn't at the hall long enough to meet any TMP'ers. Did the draw (Contest Secretary job!) played & headed for the town

Never mind the beer was good in Crawley Centre, not sure about the cycle race round the centre that was going on though....far too much like exercise :!: