Cornet player available in Darlington area

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl.leah

Played cornet from the age of 10’ish I think, played with the school brass band ‘Canon Slade’, Bolton. Memorable performances include Children in Need, presented by Phillip Schofield at the Royal Albert Hall and for Queen Elizabeth on her visit to Bolton in 1988. I also played for the Bolton Youth Brass Band until I joined the army as a musician from leaving school in 1989. My first posting was to the Army Junior School of Music in Bovington, Dorset where I achieved Grade 8 cornet and Grade 5 piano. I joined the band of the Queens Lancashire Regiment after passing out from the school of music. The most memorable performance being ‘The Last Berlin Tattoo’, 1994, Queen Elizabeth was in the audience again!, I also appeared on ‘Songs of Praise’ for a service in memory of the Accrington Pals. I left the army in 1994, played briefly with Eagley Brass Band, Bolton before hanging up my cornet!!
I’m now a Mechanical Engineer and moved to Darlington in 2005 for a job…..
Getting to the point, sixteen years has been long enough a break from playing a cornet in a brass band. I am now actively seeking a position in a brass band, in or within reasonable reach of Darlington.

dave jake

I'll be there with Dunston and as a bonus we're not in 4 Bars Rests reckoning so we might do alright. See you all for a beer or 10.

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
Murton Colliery are looking for cornet players. We're 1st section and our bandroom is just off the A19 near to Dalton Park.

You're very welcome to come for a blow.

Send me a message if you're interested

Thanks

2nd man down

Staff member
Hi Carl, we know each other (as you'll see from your pm), I was married to Clare your cousin! :biggrin:

Tyne & Wear
Backworth Colliery Band - Backworth
Dunston Silver Band - Dunston
Felling Band - Felling
Gateshead Brass - Gateshead
Houghton Brass Band
- Houghton-le-Spring

Co. Durham
Northern All Star Brass
Chester-le-Street Riverside Brass Band Academy - Chester-Le-Street
Tavistock Chester-le-Street Riverside Band - Chester-Le-Street
Consett Brass - Consett
Cockerton Band - Darlington
Durham Constabulary Brass Band - Durham
Durham University Brass Band - Durham
Bearpark & Esh Colliery Band - Esh Winning
Ferryhill Town Band - Ferryhill
Lanchester Brass Band - Lanchester
Middleton & Teesdale Silver Band - Middleton
Murton Colliery Brass Band - Murton
Aycliffe & Brancepeth Band - Newton Aycliffe
Easington Colliery Band - Peterlee
BHK UK Ltd Horden Band - Peterlee
GT Group Band Peterlee - Peterlee
Pittington Brass - Pittington
Shildon Community Band
- Shildon

Broughtons Brass Band - South Hetton
Spennymoor Town Band - Spennymoor
Stanhope Silver Band - Stanhope
Reg Vardy Band - Stanley
Trimdon Concert Brass Band - Trimdon

There's a few here you can be looking at, Courtesy of ibew.co.uk

Last edited:

geordiecolin

Hi Carl, we know each other (as you'll see from your pm), I was married to Clare your cousin! :biggrin:

Tyne & Wear
Backworth Colliery Band - Backworth
Dunston Silver Band - Dunston
Felling Band - Felling
Gateshead Brass - Gateshead
Houghton Brass Band
- Houghton-le-Spring

Co. Durham
Northern All Star Brass
Chester-le-Street Riverside Brass Band Academy - Chester-Le-Street
Tavistock Chester-le-Street Riverside Band - Chester-Le-Street
Consett Brass - Consett
Cockerton Band - Darlington
Durham Constabulary Brass Band - Durham
Durham University Brass Band - Durham
Bearpark & Esh Colliery Band - Esh Winning
Ferryhill Town Band - Ferryhill
Lanchester Brass Band - Lanchester
Middleton & Teesdale Silver Band - Middleton
Murton Colliery Brass Band - Murton
Aycliffe & Brancepeth Band - Newton Aycliffe
Easington Colliery Band - Peterlee
BHK UK Ltd Horden Band - Peterlee
GT Group Band Peterlee - Peterlee
Pittington Brass - Pittington
Shildon Community Band
- Shildon

Broughtons Brass Band - South Hetton
Spennymoor Town Band - Spennymoor
Stanhope Silver Band - Stanhope
Reg Vardy Band - Stanley
Trimdon Concert Brass Band - Trimdon

There's a few here you can be looking at, Courtesy of ibew.co.uk
Gateshead Brass and Horden are no longer with us, god rest their souls.

However Westoe (based in Jarrow/South Shields) is missing from that list and we're still going strong!

Wonky_Baton

Hi

Cockerton Band is only a mile outside of Darlo. Good second section band with an excellent chance of qualifying for the areas. They practice in their own band room next to Cockerton band club Weds 7.30 - 9.30 and Sunday same time. Give me a ring on 07793 7639 75 and I will pass your details on. Played there 2-3 year ago and they were really good.

drums4monty

Hi Carl

I play for Bearpark and Esh Colliery Band based in Durham and we are looking for Cornet Players. I was also in the Last Berlin Tattoo, I was with the Band of The Light Division and I was also part of the skating band (do you remember that). Call me on 07940534859 if you fancy popping up to our bandroom for a blow.

Monty Beaumont

MUSH

Looking for a friendly/welcoming band.

Played cornet from the age of 10’ish I think, played with the school brass band ‘Canon Slade’, Bolton. Memorable performances include Children in Need, presented by Phillip Schofield at the Royal Albert Hall and for Queen Elizabeth on her visit to Bolton in 1988. I also played for the Bolton Youth Brass Band until I joined the army as a musician from leaving school in 1989. My first posting was to the Army Junior School of Music in Bovington, Dorset where I achieved Grade 8 cornet and Grade 5 piano. I joined the band of the Queens Lancashire Regiment after passing out from the school of music. The most memorable performance being ‘The Last Berlin Tattoo’, 1994, Queen Elizabeth was in the audience again!, I also appeared on ‘Songs of Praise’ for a service in memory of the Accrington Pals. I left the army in 1994, played briefly with Eagley Brass Band, Bolton before hanging up my cornet!!
I’m now a Mechanical Engineer and moved to Darlington in 2005 for a job…..
Getting to the point, sixteen years has been long enough a break from playing a cornet in a brass band. I am now actively seeking a position in a brass band, in or within reasonable reach of Darlington.
Hi Carl,
Look no further, Fishburn could be your destination. Just 15 -20 minutes from Darlington.
We are a long established Championship section band, with a long history of successes
in the contesting arena. We also have a varied calendar of concert work.
If you are interested, look us up on our website -http://fishburnband.homestead.com/ or,
as you live in Darlington, you could come along to the Dolphin centre on Sunday (21st), or
give me a ring for a chat: 07801684609 (Malcolm Usher).
I look forward to hearing from you.

ersop

Carl,

Reg Vardy have a vacancy on the back row if you're interested. Were based in Stanley about 40 mins from Darlington and have a full diary of events coming up including the Royal Albert Hall in October as newly crowned Area Champions.
If you fancy coming up for a blow give me a call on 07834 692470

Thanks,

carl.leah

Cockerton Silver it is

Thanks for all the replies, in terms of section, rehearsal times, location, Cockerton Silver has ticked all the boxes. I attended a rehearsal last night and need look no further, this is the band for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.