Sold/Expired Conn 88H Elkhart 1955

A young friend of mine is thinking of selling his classic trombone. It looks nothing,rather tatty in fact, but plays superbly and has a nearly new Myatt case. What should he ask for it?
Spanky

If I was a trombone player and had one of those, I doubt if I'd ever sell it! They are absolute classic instruments and still favoured by many orchestral trombonists. I know that Dudley Bright has several Elkharts (8H and 88H) although he sold one of his 88Hs last year.
However, your friend is intent on selling it I think just the fact that you have made this posting on tMP will arouse some serious interest.

Bones

If only I had the money, or the wife who would let me buy it.

I have an Elhart 8H but the slide has gone, and I could not find another Elkhart for love nor money, so all my cash went on a Rath to try and get as close a match as the Elkhart.

If he is serious about selling, it will be around the £800 to a £1000 mark as a starting price. Non Elkharts are around the £600 upwards. But the Elkharts always attract that slightly higher price.

Cheers

Rich

alangiff3

Woah I would so love one of these, I have a normal 88H but its nothing compared to an Elkhart, I defiantly agree with Rich Walker on the £800-£1000 starting price.

Vegasbound

IMHO...advice....DO NOT SELL he will regret it and spend the rest of his playing days trying to find one that plays as well!!