Cold Comfort

MoominDave

Does anyone else find that they play really well the night before a stinking cold comes on? It works for me every time!

Dave

Jo Elson

Yeah sometimes, but I find that I usually get the cold the day before a really important engagement.

super_sop

Supporting Member
Jo Elson said:
Yeah sometimes, but I find that I usually get the cold the day before a really important engagement.
yer me too, but i havent had a cold for a whie and with a big concert coming up this weekend..........ahhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tishooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!oh dear! :lol:

only kiddin!
i used to have a serious sinus problem, the doctor likened it to hayfever all year round. really nasty, and just before a bad bout of it my playing seemed to be better. The doctor said this was somthing to do with the movement of erm im trying to think of a good word for this, i think you probably know what i mean, making it easier to breath.

since having an operation on my sinuses it has improved greatly, i therfore have fewer colds, and im able to breath ok now. hope all that made sense! :?

Edit: duplicate post deleted. Dyl.

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Off topic now I know, but it is a good time to "remember them".

We have such easy lives these days, in comparrison to those that grew up in the war years. It's so easy to just gloss over it all..........stop and think about families that lost sons, daughters and husbands..........

These days, if someone dies young, say of cancer......its a tragedy....as it surley is.

But in those early days of the 1900s families lost so many loved ones......I am at an age now that I can visualise the horror of what went on in those wars.

There are a lot of young folk on this site that will be playing at cenataphs this sunday - please all of you, just stop a while and think of the horror of what went on............imagine yourself as being one of those that you are remembering now............

super_sop

Supporting Member
Im sorry but this is off topic to, but i have to say what lovely words you have just written.
many thanks,

Craig

Okiedokie of Oz

CaharleyFarley said:
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

The ANZAC creed....Remembrance day was yesterday.

As for colds, I find while playing it feels like my symptoms disappear.....then come back full force when I get back home :cry:

asteria

Okiedokie of Oz said:
As for colds, I find while playing it feels like my symptoms disappear.....then come back full force when I get back home :cry:

Too true, i often find that when i'm run-down or ill i feel better when i'm at band. I think it's because i'm putting so much concentration into playing that i don't think about how ill i am, and also the deep breathing helps for colds!
Just wish i could keep playing all day....aaatchooo! :(

I've got a lousy cold at the moment. Just hope it's better for Wilkinsons on Sunday. :( But it's true whenever I'm actually at band I feel a lot better. :?

When I first stated playing we had very uncomfortable chairs in the bandroom exactly the same as at Fuchsia Society which was my previous hobby. When I released that the chairs didn't really bother me at band but I fidgeted non stop at Fuchsia society I stopped gardening and concentrated on banding :lol:

Seedhouse

I hate colds! They make playing so much harder! Grrr! Suppose we have to accept them as a problem of our lives as musicians! :? Just have plenty of lemsip and they go away pretty quickly! :lol: