CHRISTMAS BUMPER QUIZ

super_sop

Supporting Member
well its all done now...................

its taken three days of blood and sweat but its all done now!

MoominDave

When did q45 change?! I printed this out on the 1st, and now I come to submit it, it's different...

Dave

PeterBale

Staff member
MoominDave said:
When did q45 change?! I printed this out on the 1st, and now I come to submit it, it's different...
Looking at that question, it strikes me that half the cast of Eastenders spend most of their time behind bars, either at the Queen Vic or at the club, while the rest are in front of them waiting to be served :shock: :!: :wink:

Roger Thorne

MoominDave said:

Dave
Whoops! :oops: I thought I'd got away with it! Mr. Jessop-Smythe queried the question (and answer) and so after some deliberation with the Jury we decided to change the question to eliminate further confusion!

Incidentally, the quiz wasn't posted on the forum until the 7th and the question changed on the same day as I had not received any entries at that time.

If you get the answer correct to the old question I'll let you have it though! :D Good luck!

:wink:

Roger Thorne

Christmas Quiz - Answers

1 - Jingle Bells
2 - Alien
3 - Michael Caine
4 - We three Kings of Orient Are or Coventry Carol
5 - Mr. Benn
6 - Robert Burns
7 - 300
8 - Royal Albert Hall
9 - Valkyries
10 - I Saw Three Ships
11 - Bentley
12 - Geoffrey Brand
13 - O little one sweet, O little one MILD or A VirGIN most pure or Little Drummer Boy - RUM, pum pum pum
14 - Fingerbobs
15 - Dog Licence
16 - Putney Bridge
17 - Philip Sparke
18 - Sound of Music
19 - White Christmas
20 - In the Bleak Mid Winter FROSTY winds or FROSTY the Snowman or Past three o'clock, And a cold, FROSTY morning.
21 - Tubular Bells
22 - Toto
23 - Holiday Inn
24 - Mary’s Boy Child
25 - Gone With the Wind
26 - Mexico
27 - Silent Night
28 - Franky goes to Hollywood
29 - Away in a MANGER (Manger Musikklag Band)
30 - Trainspotting
31 - Jingle Bells
32 - Coventry Carol
33 - Kylie Minogue ‘Fever’
34 - £500
35 - Deck the Halls
36 - Simon Kerwin
37 - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
38 - U2 ‘Achtung Baby’
39 - Judy Garland
40 - Adam Frey
41 - Pink Floyd ‘Dark side of the moon’
42 - Prehistoric Cave Paintings
43 - Charles Dickens
44 - Battle of the Planets
45 - Arthur Fowler
46 - Nike
47 - Ding Dong Merrily on High
48 - Cold Play ‘A rush of blood to the head’
49 - Fawlty Towers
50 - Howard Snell

1st PRIZE:

Di B - with 50 correct answers wins . . .

11 pieces of music - donated by James McFadyen
Dreams are to be Without Motion, Flower of Scotland, Threnody for 9/11, Chords of the Aztec, A Place Where Dreams Come True, Elegy to the Victims of Iraq, Calon Lân, Adagio for a Solar Expedition, The Sound of Stars, Solar Flare and the Gamma Burst, Transits of Mercury
Plus: a free specially commissioned test piece - The title of the work to be decided by the winner's band. The work shall be no fewer than 10 mins and no more than 15 mins.
A Mouthpiece.com Polo Shirt - donated by John Burns
Compilation double CD 'Now that's what I call brass' - donated by World of Brass
3 pieces of music - donated by Roger Thorne
Zulu - The Battle of Rorkes Drift, Concertino for Baritone, Rolling Thunder

2nd PRIZE:

SEEDHOUSE - with 49 correct answers wins . . .

Compilation double CD 'Now that's what I call brass' - donated by World of Brass
2 pieces of music - donated by Roger Thorne
Do-Re-Mi and Deep Harmony

3rd PRIZE:

SUPER_SOP - with 49 correct answers wins . . . .

1 piece of music - donated by Roger Thorne
The Bombasto

*The tie-breaker was used for the 2nd and 3rd Prizes

Runners Up! . . .

MOOMIN DAVE & DINIE both with 48 correct answers

ENGELBERT HUMPERWINK with 47 correct answers

If the three prize winners would please send me their postal address via a PM I will arrange to get your prizes delivered as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time and effort to enter this quiz. We all hoped you have enjoyed it. And once again a big thank you to the tMP members who donated prizes.

Happy New Year!

super_sop

Supporting Member
Weh hey Ive one a prize, what a great start to the year.

I think that was the hardest quiz i have ever entered, and well worth it cose i found so much interesting stuff out on the net while trawling it for answers.
well done to the mods for coming up with such a challenge.

and thanks to everyone who donated the prizes.

happy new year

craig

Seedhouse

Only just found out I came second! :shock: Great start to the year! :D
All I can say is thanks for a VERY challenging quiz, took me ages to find out the answers, and thanks to the Mods and well done to everyone else who took part.
It was only a bit of fun for me! Never thought i'd do well! :?
Happy New Year!

Di B

I would like to just thank all the girls at work for helping me out on this one too! :)

They were a great help..... and it was good fun too! They didn't know any of the brass band related questions though.... that took ages to find the right answers for!

Well done to the other winners too :)

Roger Thorne

Di B said:
I would like to just thank all the girls at work for helping me out on this one too! :)
hmmmm! So you cheated then . . . I think we'd better call the jury back to have another look look at the results!

Only Joking :lol: your music will be posted to you on Monday morning. So expect a delivery soon.

Roger Thorne

lynchie said:
any plans formulating for the next quiz mod types?
Not just at the moment. Last year we discussed the possibility of reducing the number of quizes for this year. We'll probably run with 4 bigger quizzes this year. (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter).
We'll let you know when we've decided.

If anyone is prepared to donate prizes towards the quiz, this could well influence and speed up our decision!

Di

Roger Thorne said:
lynchie said:
any plans formulating for the next quiz mod types?
Not just at the moment. Last year we discussed the possibility of reducing the number of quizes for this year. We'll probably run with 4 bigger quizzes this year. (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter).
We'll let you know when we've decided

If anyone is prepared to donate prizes towards the quiz, this could well influence and speed up our decision!

Spring has sprung!. :D Any sign of a quiz yet? (Pretty, pretty please, its holidays and a nice juicy quiz would help alleviate the boredom). Well, we're just a bit bored, cus the admirable Mr Payn is keeping us supplied with his own brand of quizzes :D :D (roll on the next one Mr P). :wink: