CHRISTMAS BUMPER QUIZ

Roger Thorne

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the delay, but here it is . . . .

The Bumper Christmas Quiz 2003

1st PRIZE:
11 pieces of music - donated by James McFadyen
Dreams are to be Without Motion, Flower of Scotland, Threnody for 9/11, Chords of the Aztec, A Place Where Dreams Come True, Elegy to the Victims of Iraq, Calon Lân, Adagio for a Solar Expedition, The Sound of Stars, Solar Flare and the Gamma Burst, Transits of Mercury
Plus: a free specially commissioned test piece - The title of the work to be decided by the winner's band. The work shall be no fewer than 10 mins and no more than 15 mins.
A Mouthpiece.com Polo Shirt - donated by John Burns
Compilation double CD 'Now that's what I call brass' - donated by World of Brass
3 pieces of music - donated by Roger Thorne
Zulu - The Battle of Rorkes Drift, Concertino for Baritone, Rolling Thunder

2nd PRIZE:
Compilation double CD 'Now that's what I call brass' - donated by World of Brass
2 pieces of music - donated by Roger Thorne
Do-Re-Mi and Deep Harmony

3rd PRIZE:
1 piece of music - donated by Roger Thorne
The Bombasto

(If anyone would like to contribute further prizes to this quiz please feel free to PM me with the details)

-----------O-----------

THE RULES:
You have until midnight on the 31st December to submit your entry.
Take care though, as the first form received from any individual will be taken as your only entry - you cannot amend your entry.

It may be worth running out a copy of this quiz, finding out the answers and then revisiting this page to submit your entry.

In the event of a 'tie', a 'tie-breaker' question has been added. The judges (tMP Site Admin & tMP Mods) decision will be final.

THE RESULTS:
The Winners and Answers will be announced on 1st January 2004, so go on - have a go and have some fun. Remember it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

So here we go . . . Good Luck Everyone

Just click on the following link to take part:

The Christmas Bumper Quiz 2003

:wink:

Roger Thorne

JessopSmythe said:
I'm suprised q47 didn't get moderated :)
:lol: :lol:

That reminds me. All the anagram questions in this months quiz were supplied by Dave Payn.
Other questions supplied by Peter Bale, Dyl and myself.

Thanks guys

HBB

Is it just me or does anyone else find the Brass Band Pictures the hardest?

Roger Thorne

PeterBale said:
In answer to queries received, the Christmas Quiz has been temporarily removed due to a technical hitch - we discovered that the system for recording the answers could not cope with more than 30 questions at a time!

Will be back soon.
All sorted!

HBB

Oi Mr. Thorne!!! :D

You changed a question. It took me all of 2 minutes to find the answer, and I could have spent that 2 minutes revising ... if I fail now .... ;)

Only joking.

Ben

Roger Thorne

Only 5 days to go!

. . . and no-one's got them all right yet!

Top score so far 47 - so all three prizes can still be won.

super_sop

Supporting Member
just wondering, in the quiz at the top of the page it says all entrys to be in by 31st december, but later on it says we have one month from now.

Now as the post wasnt put on untill the 7 dec do we have one month from then or untill 31dec?
just wondering cose im stuck on a few and need some extra time
:wink: :wink:

Roger Thorne

super_sop said:
just wondering, in the quiz at the top of the page it says all entrys to be in by 31st december, but later on it says we have one month from now.

Now as the post wasnt put on untill the 7 dec do we have one month from then or untill 31dec?
just wondering cose im stuck on a few and need some extra time
:wink: :wink:
How much time do you need! - It's been on for 3 weeks already.
You've got until midnight 31st December (ish) :lol: