Christmas Bumper Quiz 2004

stabbyjnr

its hard,

its hard and i was trying to work out the questions all of last night! til bout 3 in the morning! its darn addictive as well. but its good tho well done!

stabbyjnr

i only need 7 more!! and this thing is keeping me a wake, because i can't sleep cause its racking my brain! damn you roger thorne!!! damn you!!!!!!!!!!!

(notice the time this was posted) 1:45 or 1:46am depending if my comps slow or not now...

Roger Thorne

stabbyjnr said:
damn you roger thorne!!! damn you!!!!!!!!!!!
(Hehe) I would like to be able to take all the credit for keeping you up so late, but on this occassion the quiz was constructed with help from other Mods and Admin type personnel.

Hope you're all having fun.

:-D

PeterBale

Staff member
The rate people are going I reckon most will have finished by Christmas, and I've a feeling that tie-break may prove crucial ;)

Hollie

sorry if you think this is a stupid question...what do mean by 'hits' in the tie-breaker question? Cheers!

HBB

So if I was the only person on tMP today and viewed 220 pages, there would be 220 hits?

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
HBB said:
So if I was the only person on tMP today and viewed 220 pages, there would be 220 hits?
Yup Ben, spot on... but... you're not the only person who visited on Christmas Day eh....:):)

Dave Payn

Roger Thorne said:
Two Pieces of music donated by Dave Payn
(Mendelssohn's 'Wedding March from a Midsummer Night's Dream (arranged for brass sextet) and
Jeremiah Clarke's 'Trumpet Voluntary for 10 piece with two Eb cornets/trumpets as soloists.​
And if any of you want to know what you're letting yourselves in for with one of my prizes, you can find the Wedding March here:

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/show_score.pl?scoreid=61730

Needs some breath control in the horn and euph, but.... well there it is! You'll need Scorch to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will the Sec

Being a (reluctant) bureaucrat for a living, one has to seek clarification.

Do you mean one minute after 23.59 on 6/1/05 or one minute after 23.59 on the 7th:confused:

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Roger Thorne said:
Final reminder:

You have 26 hours left to submit your entry.

;)

Unfortunatley, I don't have time to finish the quiz :( so I will have to turn in a poor incomplete entry.