Cheesiest brass arrangement ever?

katieeuph

Wow - some of those arrangements on that link are pretty special...can't say I've ever heard a band play 'There's no-one quite like Grandma' before - nor do I ever wish to again!!

Aurora771

Any music that is based off music that has been in the charts is pretty much a cheese fest. Such as, Armarillo, Mambo No.5, Rock DJ... I believe there is even an arrangement for Britney's 'Baby One More Time'. Although, they come in handy as being the 'crowd pleaser'.

Aurora771

I have a feeling this might be it:

http://www.we7.com/track/The-Pushbike-Song?trackId=3260693&m=0

I mean, what were they thinking?
How did the conductor get them to record it?
There must have been a period int he pub before that recording.

I am speechless.

Haha, I think it's quite cheerie. Probably was fun to record... well apart from the 'ooh ahh' bit, didn't like that.

Edit: Hahaha. brassneck, I clicked on your link after I posted. I knew there was a Britney brass version!

Last edited:

flashbarry

I'll keep you guessing! You did write a few ditties for the same end goal around that period, didn't you? :rolleyes: ... did you refer to Derek Bourgeois or Broadbent, btw? ;)

Neighbours and Eastenders where always going to be hits ;) I wonder how many copies they actually sold?

Thirteen Ball

You've gotta admit, to actually record somehing like that, and to obviously put 100% into the "Oooh, Ah!" bit takes balls of steel!

I suppose if you're gonna do it, give it both barrels.

GordonH

You've gotta admit, to actually record somehing like that, and to obviously put 100% into the "Oooh, Ah!" bit takes balls of steel!

I suppose if you're gonna do it, give it both barrels.

What makes it funnier is that it is so well played - and with gusto. The basses are particularly good IMO.

Kofi

I noticed that Just Music had 'Instant Concert' on their stand at Perth... aaaaaaaaaaaggh. If I was to write out my top 1000,000,000 brass band tunes, it still wouldn't make the list!

Product tMP members are discussing