Cheeks inflated whilst playing?

Steve

Shaving must be a nightmare!!! And once he has had surgery he is going to start playing again :shock:

Chunky

drummergurl said:
wow if thats what happens to brass players thank god im a percussionist

Are you sure? Play percussion for too many years and your arms stretch till your knuckles drag on the floor :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

yorkie19

Chunky said:
drummergurl said:

Are you sure? Play percussion for too many years and your arms stretch till your knuckles drag on the floor :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

I thought that's how we sorted the percussionists from the brass players in the first place! :twisted: :lol:

amgray

Chunky said:
drummergurl said:

Play Tuba and your knuckles drag anyway!! Its the prime qualification for the instrument surely?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Accidental

Supporting Member
... can you toss them over your shoulder like a regimental soldier.....
:lol:

(Not quite the same version I learnt on the band coach when I was 12 Steve, but close enough!)

I think that article deserves a :wow !!

Very scary! Glad my teacher told me not to blow my cheeks out too!!!
Reminded me of someone i saw at the area though (not that their cheeks were saggy but they really, really puffed out when they played)
Was a good player though. must be tiring to play like that don't you think?
And so it has now been sent to the majority of the band players i was with and also the brass playing people on my contact list!! Muhaha!

Dave Payn

What 'cheeks' are we talking about here? I mean, imagine if you blew so hard that your butt cheeks exploded! (Gags abound like 'You're playing's ***t and you know it is' spring to mind....) Maybe some bum notes were involved. Worth recording for posterity, I reckon..... It's what happens when you play bottom cornet, I suppose.

I'll get me coat.....