CHAMONE!! or JERRY!!

CHAMONE!! or JERRY!!

• Total voters

Lauradoll

I love Bo Selecta! but also Pheonix Nights. Which is your favourite out of the two and why? Even the kids I teach can't decide (not that I've asked them, it was an arguement in my form this afternoon). It's quite disturbing to hear them singing the Black Bin Bag song and if I got a £ for every time I've heard Chamone Mo fo (you know what I mean!) I'd no longer have to teach!

twigglet

Oooo thats a tough one...haven't really watched pheonix nights but seen the Peter Kay stand up which is fantastic! But then Avid Meirion is an absolute legend, i don't know how he gets away with it, I love his David Blaine...

HBB

I like the reaction on the celebs faces in the Tree House! :p

Bo Selecta! For Me.... even had a great xmas song!

bruceg

Phoenix Nights but Bo Selecta is a close second...

Reason: Peter Kay creates some fantastic characters and it's not quite as in your face as Avid's brand of humour.

Euph-Bari

Loved Bo Selecta! untill i watched the christmas ones! its lost it! its just not so funny any more - and gone too crude

but even before that pheonix is better!

Big Twigge

Is a tough call, if just going on Peter Kay against Avid Merrion then I think Peter Kay wins hand down...

but if its Bo Selecta against Phoenix nights then probably Bo selecta for me.

I think,
maybe.

Fishsta

OK, I've seen a couple of episodes of Bo' Selecta, and it comes across as pure dross in the most concentrated form possible.

Yes, there are some funny moments, but relatively few.

Phoenix nights, however, is pure class.

I'm assuming the "Shamo" thing is the Michael Jackson impression. FYI, it's "Chamone" and was used in several of his songs, although the meaning of it is the subject of great debate.

Bring back proper comedy. Monty Python should be repeated in full from start to finish on BBC.

bruceg

Fishsta said:
Bring back proper comedy. Monty Python should be repeated in full from start to finish on BBC.

Monty Python is repeated pretty much ad nauseum on the Paramount Comedy channel on Sky (but I don't have Sky any more :( )

horn1

Lauradoll said:
I love Bo Selecta! but also Pheonix Nights. Which is your favourite out of the two and why? Even the kids I teach can't decide (not that I've asked them, it was an arguement in my form this afternoon). It's quite disturbing to hear them singing the Black Bin Bag song and if I got a £ for every time I've heard Chamone Mo fo (you know what I mean!) I'd no longer have to teach!

Tell me about it! I'm teaching song writing to year nines at the moment and all the lads wanted to know was could they write a song about black bin bags. :shock: I said yes as long as it was different :D They tried for a while!! :D :twisted:

neiltwist

pheonix nights no contest.

"Stop crappin', start crackin"

"Ding Dang Do!"

"What's your name son? can you remember?"
"Stu."
"Short for Stupid?"

bruceg

The family day they had for the re-opening of the club in Phoenix Nights was a brilliant episode. I laughed so hard at Jerry's face and the whole bouncy castle debacle :D

stephen2001

I'm looking forward to my Uni's Union's Comedy Club on a couple of Mondays time as Les (Toby Foster) is the headline act :D

As you can probably guess, I prefer Pheonix nights, mainly due to the fact I've never watched Bo Selecta :!:

bruceg

Just had to go and buy the Series 1 and 2 box set of Phoenix Nights :)

Another £24.99 in the pockets of CD-Wow...